Your stupid joining the army !!

i get the same thing fella> plus the constant "you do know you'll get shot in afgan don't you?" I've had to wait 6 months for my start date so if one more person says this to me I'm gonna slap em. Alot of people use this to try and talk you out of joining. I made my decision, it's what I want to do and nothing short of being told to go home is going to stop me.

The_Civil_Civilian said:
I'm surprised at the animosity directed at 'civi mates' on here... I'd have probably joined myself if it was like 24/7 cub scouts with friends, days out, holidays in exotic places, wages and a roof and feeding, etc... but the dream falls apart as soon as you're orderd to shoot some other poor fxxk and you have to live with the PTSD. Or you step on something and there goes your balls at 20!

Courage? jealosy? Nah...

I didn't jion as why fight for a govt. who don't care about you once you are of no use to them? [christmas Island vets, Gulf War syndrome, etc]

If you find a fullfilling life in the armed services, more power to you. But it's not for everyone.

Hence why we have wankers like you posting the shite you just did.

Ok, odds are you are a traffic warden!

JCP worker?

Vegitarian?

Social worker?

God im so stupid, Tw@, thats the fecker......

www.imsuchacnutineedtopostshiteonaforceswebsite.knob.tw@.com

And if that link goes to your homepage, I will apologise.

The_Civil_Civilian said:
I'm surprised at the animosity directed at 'civi mates' on here... I'd have probably joined myself if it was like 24/7 cub scouts with friends, days out, holidays in exotic places, wages and a roof and feeding, etc... but the dream falls apart as soon as you're orderd to shoot some other poor fxxk and you have to live with the PTSD. Or you step on something and there goes your balls at 20!

Courage? jealosy? Nah...

I didn't jion as why fight for a govt. who don't care about you once you are of no use to them? [christmas Island vets, Gulf War syndrome, etc]

If you find a fullfilling life in the armed services, more power to you. But it's not for everyone.
You didn't join because the Army doesn't take civvi spackers like you and you're gutless.

I served 10 years total (Reg./T.A.) Then did 20 years in Mental health Social work! The Military helped me to grow up,see a much bigger world and have the confidence to understand that I could do whatever I found the will and the energy to do (even go from 'expelled' rebel to College and Professional Quals. etc.)The risks are real but the great mates,excellent training and personal 'power' you will acquire will enable you to 'keep your head down' when it's best and stand your ground when you have too.All we have at the end of it all are our memories and, if we persevere our own sense of pride in knowing we gave it our best,kept our word , stood by our mates and took oaths and kept them(oh yeah and a pension!)All the best young man,have fun,work hard and take no notice of the idiot's they would still think the world was flat without people who dare find out!

Poacher said:
Being very close to my handsome pension I think they are just jealous :p
I get that a lot. Whenever a civiy finds out that I'm an Army pensioner they usually get jealous and mumble that "if I'd stayed in instead of being a worthless cnut and got out, I'd be drawing a pension too."

The Army isn't for everybody, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. You truly find the best mates in the world when you're in the mob. :wink: :1: :strong:

"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." Samual Johnson

kangorrilapig said:
I served 10 years total (Reg./T.A.) Then did 20 years in Mental health Social work! The Military helped me to grow up,see a much bigger world and have the confidence to understand that I could do whatever I found the will and the energy to do (even go from 'expelled' rebel to College and Professional Quals. etc.)The risks are real but the great mates,excellent training and personal 'power' you will acquire will enable you to 'keep your head down when it's best and stand your ground when you have too.All we have at the end of it all are our memories and, if we persevere our own sense of pride in knowing we gave it our best,kept our word , stood by our mates and took oaths and kept them(oh yeah and a pension!)All the best young man,have fun,work hard and take no notice of the of the idiot's they would still think the world was flat without people who dare find out!
I loved that sentence.

I inquired about joining the army 3 years ago, but because i couldn't do the job or get the training that i wanted to do because i was female i didn't join. I am still considering joining as behind the scenes support, but really, if you join the army, marines or navy is it the public who should be supporting you. Many people don't realise what it takes to get to where you got to, what you have to learn and sometimes the danger in your job.

It is not just with the army that people are ignorant though. Many jobs go unappriciated because people do not understand them. What happens when most people do not understand something? You fear it or you reject it. I know very few people who are the exception to that, and many of them are enlisted.

I personally envy you for joining the army. Although you shouldn't need a pat on the back, it is always nice to hear you are appriciated. Well done :)

HoneyHeart said:
I inquired about joining the army 3 years ago, but because i couldn't do the job or get the training that i wanted to do because i was female i didn't join. I am still considering joining as behind the scenes support, but really, if you join the army, marines or navy is it the public who should be supporting you. Many people don't realise what it takes to get to where you got to, what you have to learn and sometimes the danger in your job.

It is not just with the army that people are ignorant though. Many jobs go unappriciated because people do not understand them. What happens when most people do not understand something? You fear it or you reject it. I know very few people who are the exception to that, and many of them are enlisted.

I personally envy you for joining the army. Although you shouldn't need a pat on the back, it is always nice to hear you are appriciated. Well done :)
Dry your eyes princess. We can't all be ninja snipers. If you want to join the Armed Forces, join. Just because you not an Infantryman or RAC doesn't mean you can't add value or serve in a 'warry' role. Check out the resup convoys of the RLC or the Royal Signals Dets added to the Infantry Bns... not exactly 'behind the scenes'.

RMP, RAVC and a plethora of other trades are providing direct support to teeth arms now, often in the face of action.

How did LCpl 'Chuck' Norris MC get her medal? It wasn't sitting in base knitting socks or folding bandages.

Lamest excuse ever for not joining up. And I've heard plenty. Including the old 'i don't like being ordered about', 'my dog died' etc.

If you want in, go back to the ACIO and join.

chocolate_frog said:
HoneyHeart said:

Dry your eyes princess. We can't all be ninja snipers. If you want to join the Armed Forces, join. Just because you not an Infantryman or RAC doesn't mean you can't add value or serve in a 'warry' role. Check out the resup convoys of the RLC or the Royal Signals Dets added to the Infantry Bns... not exactly 'behind the scenes'.

RMP, RAVC and a plethora of other trades are providing direct support to teeth arms now, often in the face of action.

How did LCpl 'Chuck' Norris MC get her medal? It wasn't sitting in base knitting socks or folding bandages.

Lamest excuse ever for not joining up. And I've heard plenty. Including the old 'i don't like being ordered about', 'my dog died' etc.

Hey, i wasn't making excuses. Would you join a job that you didn't like? Because i have quit for less reasons.

Perhaps YOU couldn't be a ninja sniper, but here i was thinking that determinate was something to be encouraged in the army? There are such things as changing roles and going up the ranks in the army, which is what i intend to do after i finish getting the degree that i want.

Besides, you need to be a qualified doctor BEFORE you join the army, they won't train you up as a regular soldier. Hence why i am not in the army now and training to be a doctor, although i am already a pharmacist. So maybe you can shove that "boo-hoo" attitude up your arse and not speak about things you don't know anything about?

Perhaps HoneyHeart you could be more specific?

Because your posts are confusing the hell out of me...

What did you want to join initially?

HoneyHeart said:
chocolate_frog said:
HoneyHeart said:

Hey, i wasn't making excuses. Would you join a job that you didn't like? Because i have quit for less reasons.

Perhaps YOU couldn't be a ninja sniper, but here i was thinking that determinate was something to be encouraged in the army? There are such things as changing roles and going up the ranks in the army, which is what i intend to do after i finish getting the degree that i want.

Besides, you need to be a qualified doctor BEFORE you join the army, they won't train you up as a regular soldier. Hence why i am not in the army now and training to be a doctor, although i am already a pharmacist. So maybe you can shove that "boo-hoo" attitude up your arse and not speak about things you don't know anything about?
I think its the way you worded your first post on the thread. You make it sound as if they turned you back simply because you are a female, not because you didn't have the required quals.

People can be a bit pedantic on here, mainly due to the amount of bullsh1tters that come on spouting drivel. Although both your posts seem to be a bit unclear to be honest. Good luck either way, hope you make it to ninja sniper one day.

Here here NM and RIGRAT.

To my knowledge niether pharm tech nor doctor are men only occupations.

I'll flag up the pertinetn bit.
HoneyHeart said:
I inquired about joining the army 3 years ago, but because i couldn't do the job or get the training that i wanted to do because i was female i didn't join.
Now are you talking sh1t or just getting confused?

Do you fancy starting again honeymonster?

Because I am not surprised the ACIO turned you away... you are a Pharmacy trained degree holder, with aspirations to doctorship, who went in wanting to be either Infantry or RAC (Can't think of any other male only trades at teh moment). That is what is coming from your post.

Bolo-Driller said:
johnboyzzz said:
Tell them to get to feck and say you are joining the finest regiment in the army
But hes going to the Jocks not the First or Grenadier Regiment of foot Guards! :wink:

That will teach me to read a thread fully, had I have known you were joining the PW's, I would have said, ask for a transfer, you will be spending the rest of your career listening to cats being strangled and eating pig clag for brekky otherwise.

Still at least you are joining the best Division, has to be better than being a clerk or a stacker :)

Sorry John, you knew it was coming ;)

skinnyjoe said:
Iv recently received my date for Catterick to join the scots guards and I was at my works leaving do last night after being made redundant and i couldn't believe how many times i heard ' you stupid bas$%&d' and 'why would you wana do that ?' and it just made me think is this what most of the British public think about people in the army ? and if i told them iv joined the army they wouldn't really tell me what they truthfully thought.

I mean most serving soldiers would probably not get told this kind of stuff because there already in and id expect most wouldnt give a sh%t , not sure why iv put it on here but it just wound me up a bit and just wondered if everyone els has had this stick when joining up ?
1stly You are not stupid for joining the Army. You are making a choice which means you have mind of your own and you are execrcising a bit of sound judgement on your own behalf.
Civvie mates: They are most likely in awe of you mate as they don't have the courage to do it themselves. I am 47 and still keep in touch with friends from childhood when we started school at 5 years old. The only friends I really care about however are the ones I made in the Army. Why... becasue they were and always will be my true friends. You are entering the best social nework this country never meant to produce. Join, serve, be proud to wear the uniform, and leave with the best memories life can give you. The very best of luck. btw I am so jealous

Northern Monkey said:
Perhaps HoneyHeart you could be more specific?

Because your posts are confusing the hell out of me...

What did you want to join initially?
Initially i wanted to join the infantry, to be on the "front line" i guess, which is obviously not an option, no matter how good you are.

Anyway, i was already training to become a pharmacist at the time. I have since finished my degree and experience required and am fully qualified. I then decided that i wanted to be a doctor however (something that the ACIO suggested i could do, and was thinking about) which i am studying for now.

chocolate_frog said:
Here here NM and RIGRAT.

To my knowledge niether pharm tech nor doctor are men only occupations.

I'll flag up the pertinetn bit.
HoneyHeart said:
I inquired about joining the army 3 years ago, but because i couldn't do the job or get the training that i wanted to do because i was female i didn't join.
Now are you talking sh1t or just getting confused?

Do you fancy starting again honeymonster?

Because I am not surprised the ACIO turned you away... you are a Pharmacy trained degree holder, with aspirations to doctorship, who went in wanting to be either Infantry or RAC (Can't think of any other male only trades at teh moment). That is what is coming from your post.
I was so vague on my first post because i didn't expect you guys to care so much, i am touched :p At the time i just wanted to be infantry, even though i was in the pharmaceutical trade and in the middle of education. It is since then that i have decided to train to be a doctor.

Bollock-chops said:
Hmmmmmmm working in a pharmacy doth not a pharmacist make.
No shit. That is why i spend half my day disciplining or trying to teach idiots who don't know the difference between their elbow and their arse, let alone a medicine.