Your stupid joining the army !!

It's almost certainly been brought up but I love these type of of threads headed by " Your Stupid Joining The Army

Oh the fcking irony

Keepitreal said:
I thought most people would say. IT'S A JOB. I DO IT FOR THE MONEY AND THEN I GET USED TO THE JOB AND I CONTINUE TO DO THE JOB

Are you stupid for joining the Army ... Of course not .... It's just a job to most people nothing more. That's why there is so much abuse thrown around.

You guys are in it for the money and something to do just like most people will say about their occupation.

It is a very different job and I was hoping that more of you could say WHY you were doing it.

Many of you will see awful things many will have to do awful things.

To join the armed forces just for a job is amazing in 2009.
KIR people have told you why they are going to and have joined, you even have said why you joined the "army marines" a few posts back. Learn to read you fucking cunt. :x

Keepitreal said:
BigPapaSierra said:
It seems to me that Keepitreal smells, writes poems, eats beans and smokes funny smelling tabs and stands for everything that makes me blood boil when my income tax comes out my wages.
I realise the army does good things and it is a lifestyle. I have two cousins in the army a friend who was in Falklands and I help veterans keep their homes.

NONE of them have said the army life was worth the sacrifice.

They say it seemed a good idea at the time and they got used to it.

It's not an ordinary job. I expect plumbers to know about pipes.

You guys are not telling me I am wrong.

You guys are not telling me I am lying. Stick to the facts.

I JOINED THE ARMY BECAUSE ....... Tell me how wrong I am.

I JOINED THE ARMY BECAUSE .........
Your Friend wasn't in the Argentinian Army was he?

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Keepitreal said:
I thought most people would say. IT'S A JOB. I DO IT FOR THE MONEY AND THEN I GET USED TO THE JOB AND I CONTINUE TO DO THE JOB

Are you stupid for joining the Army ... Of course not .... It's just a job to most people nothing more. That's why there is so much abuse thrown around.

You guys are in it for the money and something to do just like most people will say about their occupation.

It is a very different job and I was hoping that more of you could say WHY you were doing it.

No its not and to continually refer to it as such in this company is a calculated insult on your part,its getting boring so why dont you troll off. You dont understand, you never will and we are wasting our time even trying to relate how we feel to you because you do not possess the mindset to absorb the information. I suspect you are perfectly suited to a career in politics.
Now if you had one fraction of understanding of the military mindset then you would understand how gravely I have just insulted you. :D Goodbye. :D

JINGO said:
Its a simple combination of cowardice and jealousy. No seriously mainly jealousy, the thing is that the great British public at large have little to no idea of what Army life is like or how the army even functions save a few vague ideas lifted straight from what you will soon find to be the very inaccurate articles printed in the media.
soon everytime you proudly tell people what you do for a living get ready to hear "I nearly joined the Army but........(Insert pathetic excuse about dog dying,aunty got sick,was told was too qualified etc)" so I joined the TA
Join you will never regret it for a second.
My bold..'cos' thats what I did...I loved my Gran...

Being a member of the Armed Forces brings with it a sense of pride I've yet to see any civvy have in their job.

I joined because it was something I'd wanted to do since about the age of 10, but didn't until I was 22 (I had however been in the TA for two years prior to this). I didn't do it for the money or because I needed a job, I had never been out of a job since leaving school (and this was mid-80s when unemployment was higher than it is now) and was earning more than I got on joining. I made great mates, people I am in daily contact with now, 23 years later. I am currently in the process of organising a reunion of my basic training platoon and so far 2/3 have confirmed attendance. That's camaraderie, something you get in spades in the Forces.

I didn't stay in as long as I'd liked, circumstances prevented it and that's something I'll always regret. I now work in a job I would not have got had I not been in the Army. I've been in some very difficult situations (as a civvy) that I believe I have only got through because I was taught in the Army to "just get on with it", usually with a sick joke to go along with it :D I too know people who have suffered emotionally from things they have seen and had to do, but given the chance to live their lives over again, to a man they've said they'd join up again.

I tried the reasoned response to your initial post, and tried unsuccessfully to correct you misconceptions of our lives as service people. Having read some of the other posts since my last, i feel that many have been equally patient with you, and more than fair. You on the other hand have been trying to goad them with your ill conceived dribble, whilst at the same time damning them with faint praise! As i said earlier, your question is irrelevant, because you cannot see past your bias. It also occurs to me that if you did actually work for an organisation that assisted ex service personnel in keeping their homes, then you would know the answer to the question you posed, this patently isn't the case which leads me to suspect that you are some sort of Civ Div moron who is on here out of malice! For what reason i cannot guess, and don't care to try? The only thing i can do is advise you to pop down to the ACIO and join, then perhaps you will find the answer you so desperately seek! Alternately, carry on with your deluded belief that all forces personnel, are in some way mentally disturbed or educationally sub normal, so as to justify your own admitted cowardice...Now double away you grotty little specimen and sort yourself out!!! :oops:

i can remeber when i first said i wanted to join the army in dec 08 when i was in the last year of school. i went to see the careers women about it just before i left and her attitude towards me wanting to join the army was disgusting. just because i achieved 12 gcse's she seemed to think tht "i was wasting my talent in the army" but if its what u want to do, don't let anyone convince you otherwise, fcuk em!!! i cnt wait to start training in feb 2010 it will be the best thing to ever happen to me, because civvi life is shit.

TalaveraTom said:
Skinnyjoe,
As a young lad, you've only ever come across the lads from your local area and these are the ones you judge as mates. When you get to your training unit you'll find lads from all over the place who want the same things you do, and are prepared to sacrifice a lot to get them. Do yourself a favour when you pass off the square and get your first long weekend, go home and judge the lads your training with by the ones you grew up with...I guarantee that the difference will be marked and obvious to you! Civvy mates will share only a few funny memories, whilst army mates share a lifetime of experiences no civvy could ever begin to match or understand!!! As it stands, even now you're twice the man any of your civvy mates are, because your willing to give it a go and they are not!

Good luck in your future profession as a British soldier.
Seconded

8)

Keepitreal said:

You are still at school.

skinnyjoe said:
Iv recently received my date for Catterick to join the scots guards and I was at my works leaving do last night after being made redundant and i couldn't believe how many times i heard ' you stupid bas$%&d' and 'why would you wana do that ?' and it just made me think is this what most of the British public think about people in the army ? and if i told them iv joined the army they wouldn't really tell me what they truthfully thought.

I mean most serving soldiers would probably not get told this kind of stuff because there already in and id expect most wouldnt give a sh%t , not sure why iv put it on here but it just wound me up a bit and just wondered if everyone els has had this stick when joining up ?
Do your training and a tour somewhere then go home on leave... and shag all their women 'cause you're the only working male in town, with a medal and a nice uniform. Thank you Walt Disney and Hollywood for making sure that 90% of the world's women want a man in uniform to make all their dreams come true - from an early age!

skinnyjoe said:
Iv recently received my date for Catterick to join the scots guards and I was at my works leaving do last night after being made redundant and i couldn't believe how many times i heard ' you stupid bas$%&d' and 'why would you wana do that ?' and it just made me think is this what most of the British public think about people in the army ? and if i told them iv joined the army they wouldn't really tell me what they truthfully thought.

I mean most serving soldiers would probably not get told this kind of stuff because there already in and id expect most wouldnt give a sh%t , not sure why iv put it on here but it just wound me up a bit and just wondered if everyone els has had this stick when joining up ?
:eek: I joined up in 1956 rather than wait until the chair-borne warriers of the Ministry of labour and National Service told me where I was to serve. When I told my father that I was leaving the job that I had he told me that I could find myself a new home so I told him that I already had and that I was joining the RAMC on 1st July 1956. His attitude changed and he was pleased for me, but then, all young men had to spend 2 years, even concies served their 2 years in the NON-COMBATANT CORPS or in the medics. We had quite a few Non-Combatants and it was something of pride that, in over 14 years service in fired 6 rounds of ammo and all from a Lee Enfield Mk 4 303 and for those who don't know it, it had a kick like a b....y mule.

ex-medic 126

skinnyjoe said:

:eek: I joined up in 1956 rather than wait until the chair-borne warriers of the Ministry of labour and National Service told me where I was to serve. When I told my father that I was leaving the job that I had he told me that I could find myself a new home so I told him that I already had and that I was joining the RAMC on 1st July 1956. His attitude changed and he was pleased for me, but then, all young men had to spend 2 years, even concies served their 2 years in the NON-COMBATANT CORPS or in the medics. We had quite a few Non-Combatants and it was something of pride that, in over 14 years service I fired 6 rounds of ammo and all from a Lee Enfield Mk 4 303 and for those who don't know it, it had a kick like a b....y mule.

ex-medic 126