Your stupid joining the army !!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by skinnyjoe, Oct 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iv recently received my date for Catterick to join the scots guards and I was at my works leaving do last night after being made redundant and i couldn't believe how many times i heard ' you stupid bas$%&d' and 'why would you wana do that ?' and it just made me think is this what most of the British public think about people in the army ? and if i told them iv joined the army they wouldn't really tell me what they truthfully thought.

I mean most serving soldiers would probably not get told this kind of stuff because there already in and id expect most wouldnt give a sh%t , not sure why iv put it on here but it just wound me up a bit and just wondered if everyone els has had this stick when joining up ?
  2. Develop a very thick skin, quickly.
  3. Tell your ex-mates to fcuk off and do one. You'll soon have some real mates :D
  4. "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." Samual Johnson
  5. thats good and deffo true
  6. Tell the civi c unts to feck orrf.
  7. Spot the irony!

8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Punch them all out, get naked, stick a roll of burning newspaper up your arrse, stand on the table and shout

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You B!TCH! :D
  10. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Its a simple combination of cowardice and jealousy. No seriously mainly jealousy, the thing is that the great British public at large have little to no idea of what Army life is like or how the army even functions save a few vague ideas lifted straight from what you will soon find to be the very inaccurate articles printed in the media.
    soon everytime you proudly tell people what you do for a living get ready to hear "I nearly joined the Army but........(Insert pathetic excuse about dog dying,aunty got sick,was told was too qualified etc)"
    Join you will never regret it for a second.
  11. Probably just jelous cos ur starting a new chapter in your life and they are stuck in the same routine without the balls to do something exciting for themselves. As already mentioned you will have some proper work mates soon, stick with it!
  12. only 100,000 approx serving soldiers population of 60+ million tell the civy cnuts to feck off

Then think in a few years, how many of those mates you would put yourself in harms way for
  13. Get used to it mate, its happend to me lots of times with my so called "mates"... I just tell them to Fcuk off and at least I will have a life by joining the army instead of standing at street corners near the chippys and a bottle of cider. :D But seriousy mate, dont listen to them as other posters have said ther all just jealous of you :) good luck in the scots guards !
  14. I have never been in the military, and I doubt they would accept me...not with my attitude, but please don't let people tell you its stupid....I think its amazing! You have far far more courage than me. I respect your decision, and I hope others will too.

Just do me 1 all the others out there, please keep safe....and good luck :)
  15. Being very close to my handsome pension I think they are just jealous :p