Your pay day quirks and rituals.

When I first started work as one of the short-trousered scrotes in the lab block we were paid our groat weekly. We all lined up in the corridor outside the senior secretary's office and proceedings started at 3pm. She gloried in the name of Audrey Steinhauer but was known to us supplicants (outside of her hearing) as Hairy Mary 'cos she had a better moustache than any of us - it set off her duelling scar nicely.

morsk

LE
That was one hell of a St Paddy's day...
Because of course youre Irish. You fuckin americans. You cant just be american. Youre all Irish american, Italian american, African american....... and then you all make a big show of your own brand of patriotism.

Check bank statement, work out what it will be when all the bills get paid over the next few days, double check that is more than it was at the same time last month, carry on as before.

sunny james

Old-Salt
Think on Oh deep thinking person, we in this little island have been taking in immigrants, waifs and strays for 2000 years, just about every body here is related to incomers from way back, in some form or other the romans, the Vikings, Danes, French, Germans and all the persecuted minorities from central and eastern Europe, when America was only inhabited by bison and red Indians.

We then conquered the world, ruled the seven seas, and subjugated and ruled half the known globe, and now we pay the price, in that the now self governing colonies, and countries we once ruled, have self determination , and many are deemed commonwealth countries, and as such, have certain rights of entry. Uganda, is a good example, in the early 70's when Idi Amin kicked out the Asians, they came to the UK, and in 1956 the Hungarian Jews escaped the revolution to north london, Chinese to lime house, Turkish Cypriots to the Holloway road and wood green areas of london and so it goes on, the same with the immigrants that flooded into the USA in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

The potato famine in Ireland saw new York become the second largest Irish community outside Ireland, same with the Jewish community in new York, the biggest outside Israel. Every persecuted person wants a better life, if that means leaving the country of your birth, then that is what you have to do. I admit that the very lax borders we have here, not helped by a spineless and scared of international opinion government, and ham strung by EU protocols, and bloody stupid human rights legislation, means that the riff raff, criminals and foriegn arseh@les slip through the net, Pikeys and Romanian criminal gangs are a good example. ...rant over, tin foil hat off.....and deep breaths............
Turn out the lights.
Take a deep breath.
Relax.

Because of course youre Irish. You fuckin americans. You cant just be american. Youre all Irish american, Italian american, African american....... and then you all make a big show of your own brand of patriotism.
Everybody is for one day in March.

I get my pensions paid at different times in the month. The British State pension is paid every 28 days, my RAF pension is paid on the 14th because my last day drawing the Queens shilling was on the 13th, my German pension is paid on the last day of the month. Good news several times a month.

Carefool, I've already told you where you are. That could be taken as consensual.
I think I would decline any offers of that nature most Ricky Tick.

But the vitriol directed at plastic paddy day is amusing. It is just another excuse for most of us to drink. Hell the Spanish speaking Irish are the best!

But the vitriol directed at plastic paddy day is amusing. It is just another excuse for most of us to drink. Hell the Spanish speaking Irish are the best!
What's not to like about St. Patty's day? Girls in t-shirts with slogans saying " Kiss me I am Irish!" bars and pubs with green colored beer, everyone getting drunk and having a good time. And Guinness and a few other Irish whiskeys on offer.

What's not to like about St. Patty's day? Girls in t-shirts with slogans saying " Kiss me I am Irish!" bars and pubs with green colored beer, everyone getting drunk and having a good time. And Guinness and a few other Irish whiskeys on offer.
The perpetual misunderstanding that some Brits have about the troubles. Thinking that any show of support for the Irish, equates to supporting the the shitbags in the IRA and their fuckery. Most people just want to celebrate and make merry. Not fund terrorists.

We also have plastic Scotch, Beaner, and Hun celebrations as well.
You know that they all have in common?? Drinking and party time for the masses.

The perpetual misunderstanding that some Brits have about the troubles.
To be fair to them, they aren't exactly about the past and some of the money which flowed in from the U.S. So after all these years and countless explanations, I can sort of understand it. Considering everything, it will take sometime for the wounds to heal.

But, these days it's all about just a day to say " who wants to get drunk?"

Just like cinco de mayo, I just go for the cheap tacos and tequila.

Paid at the end of the month and pension paid in the middle. With it, I do what every self respecting gentleman should. I feck off down to the gun club and convert large chunks of it into empty cases, if the kids are off school they help me too

Sammer

War Hero
Many Peruvians get paid twice a month as well; the 15th and last day of the month, with a bonus at the end of July (Coincides with Independence Day, 28th.) and the 15th of December.

In my place we get paid monthly on the 15th, I get my pension on the 22nd and herself gets paid on the last day of the month. Income three times a month, it’s great.

Fuck knows why, but the locals celebrate St Paddy’s day as well. Most of them couldn’t point to Ireland on a map, and believe that the Brits were (still are?) an occupying force... I’ve given up trying to explain to them because as soon as you mention religion they, being Catholic, think that the Pope is the answer and the Brits are are all heathens...

Latest Threads