Your papers please...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spent_case, Jul 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bollox to more Hele's and Compo for the wounded.

This is what the Nation needs.

Linky

What a waste of facking money. Tw@ts...

2. The scrapping of this offensive and hyper-expensive scheme is one promise the Tories had better keep if they win the Election (if Mandelson allows us to have one).

3. I can't believe that they need a symbol on the front of the card to say that there is a chip on the reverse!! The kn0b also states that you need a passport and an armful of statements to prove your ID and this card will sto that is disingenuous. You need the statements not to prove your identity but as proof as address.

4. Well you have to agree with him about one thing.
    "Mr Johnson said the card was a "no brainer" ..."

Yup, I'd go along with that... and this government are experts at having no brains!

5. Didn't they say it wasn't compulsory, so
    "Show me you ID"
    "Fcuk Off I'm of to the pub and don't have to show you naff all"

Ok so you'll get lifted but not for not having the Broon-Stalin worship card in you pocket.

6. No identity card is ever any better than the person who is checking it. Experience and tests have shown that most people just do not make the effort, and therefore the cards benefits are at best illusionary.

7. Another piece of plastic in my wallet with my photo on it !!!
    Thirty quid? You can Ram it Broon!!!!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

If they paid me 30 quid I wouldnt carry it!

9. Never has this song seemed more appropriate:

The higher you build your barriers
    The taller I become
    The farther you take my rights away
    The faster I will run
    You can deny me
    You can decide to turn your face away
    No matter, cos there's....

Something inside so strong
    I know that I can make it
    Tho' you're doing me wrong, so wrong
    You thought that my pride was gone
    Oh no, something inside so strong
    Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

The more you refuse to hear my voice
    The louder I will sing
    You hide behind walls of Jericho
    Your lies will come tumbling
    Deny my place in time
    You squander wealth that's mine
    My light will shine so brightly
    It will blind you
    Cos there's......

I know that I can make it

Brothers and sisters
    When they insist we're just not good enough
    When we know better
    Just look 'em in the eyes and say
    I'm gonna do it anyway
    I'm gonna do it anyway

And I know that I can make it

Brothers and sisters
    When they insist we're just good not enough
    When we know better
    Just look 'em in the eyes and say
    I'm gonna do it anyway
    I'm gonna do it anyway
    I'm gonna do it anyway
    I'm gonna do it anyway

Because there's something inside so strong
    Tho' you're doing me, so wrong

Because there's something inside so strong
    Tho' you're doing me, so wrong

I hope the people of Manchester boycott this.

10. The irony of you printing that TCM is outstanding

11. it wont be mandatory but slowly you will require to show it before you get anything from the state - benefit, nhs, pension, report a crime, call the fire brigade, have your bins emptied, buy a pint, open a bank account, shop for food ... and somewhere in there it will effectively become mandatory otherwise you starve.

12. How much?

"The government has already wasted £200m that we cannot afford.

"The scheme will cost hundreds of million pounds more, even if the cards are voluntary. It is time this scheme was completely scrapped."

Plastic cards with a picture on.....or more eqpt???

13. Well as they are squandering wealth thats mine and curtailing our freedoms and democracy then its not ironic at all.

Just because you hold irresponsible and unpatriotic beliefs doesn't mean to say I won't defend your right to express them.

It is my duty as a free Englishman to challenge the current politically correct orthodoxy which I believe is deeply dangerous to the very existence of my country as an independent nation state.

If you do not have the courage to stand up for your own beliefs, even if others consider them wrong, what does that say about you as a man?

If we are cowed into silence, then the likes of Mandleson and Brown and the rest of the corrupt gang at the heart of our government have won.

I actually take pride in the fact I am a thought criminal... its nice to have an independent mind and opinions of my own... you really should try free thinking for a change, instead of following the PC herd.

All you have to do is realise that everything they have told you is a lie. The New Labour Matrix has you.

14. This card is supposed to last 10 years then, my bank cards don't last that long and they are replaced free, will there be free replacements (ha ha) for this card? It looks like it uses a technology called contact smart (the same as the sim card in your phone), no-one (apart from HMG) is introducing this technology these days, certainly if you want 10 years of life from the card you wouldn't dream of using it, the chips will fail as they are constantly abraded from use.

Useless, ill thought out and not future proof and of course I will never carry one voluntarily and if I'm forced I'll "accidentally" destroy the chip.

15. Putting aside the merits of such a card, I think the govt is acting quitely sneakily in this matter. They make the card "non-compulsory" but it is very clear that the only way for the card to have any use at all, is if it is compulsory. IE the govt will have to make it mandatory some time in the future, but it doesn't want to say so. 5 years down the line, the argument will be "we've put x amount of cash into this already, but the only way to make it work is to make it compulsory".