your own funeral

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by easy-wan-kenobi, Oct 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anyone else ever thought about this??

how do you envisage your own funeral?

would it be a grand affair?

would only 5 or less people show up?

how would you like it to go and of course what would you not like to happen?

any choice music? get the tears rolling or something funny that someone might remember you by? alot of people say "see you later alligator!" but has it ever been done? will you be the first?!

what about the place... a military cemetary or like my wish, a viking longboat set ablaze!

the floor is yours!

2. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

For me it's a white sheet over the coffin with a few choice bottle's of Scotlands finest and a few glasses people can then help themselves and have a last drink on me :D

3. I certainly won't be having my coffin painted white, resplendent with the Cross of St George and the words "England" painted on the side in black letters. I saw this in South London last year.

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Some people have described my car as a "metal coffin", both because of the way i drive it and its mechanical condition.

The only worry is, will they be willing to dig a hole large enough to accomodate me and my metal coffin?

5. Filling the fuel tank and cremating you in it is always an option.

6. Cremation , and delivered via Red 1 announcing "Arrows - smoke on smoke on - Go"

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Yes, but then the world will be left with a burnt-out car with a pissed-off corpse, still firmly above ground.

I'd rather not go through the crusher before descending below (in more ways than one - ah yes! the sins!)

8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I already have a gravesite, next to my parents in the military section of a local cemetery. I'll be buried with full military honors, as a retiree from the Army. I'll also as a retired LE, have pall bearers from my department as well as their honor guard.

Representitives from the Special Forces Association, Chapter XVI will be represented in chapter uniform, as well as retirees and friends from my police department.

Military Chaplain (From active duty, 1st Special Forces Group (Abn.)
    Military Firing SQD. (1st SFG(A)
    Taps Military (Bugle)
    Bag Pipes (Police Department)
    Flag presentation to widow, (Military detail from 1st SFG(A)

9. Nice one Trip-Wire.

Id rather be buried in an unmarked grave somewhere, cant be doing with funerals.

10. Don't kick the arrse out of it tripwire

11. Classy. Be funny as f*ck if it was a Jock inside :lol: :lol:

12. Why would I want to plan my own funeral? I will never die. I am immortal!

I suppose though, if I did die in a freak accident, I would insist that no-one is to wear any item of black. Black is just sooooo last year! I want an MDF coffin, and my ashes launched into the air in a firework.

13. I'm seriously thinking of the ashes in a rocket thing. Aimed to air burst over Campion Lines so I may disappear after having put another one over them. I'd want one of those rockets that makes all sorts of farts and squeaky sounds. I'd like the actual funeral to be planned and carried out by one of those American guys who does cattle auctions