Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off

MacSapper said:
I found this while recceing the net any body got anymore :?

Spam Swat Team
Look at the "biggest fcuk up you've seen" thread, it's got some pretty impressive stories and photos.

EDIT; found this photo, apparently it's an AVRE going "bang".

I thought the thread title was going to be the punchline about the over-enthusiastic hooker at the LA music industry party in the late 1960s.

Scratcher90 said:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Cheered up my christmas no end>
Scratch
Did he hit his foot? He's limping a bit! Like the kids shouting 'PUT IT DOWN!'

Who knows what happened to that AVRE?

T C

The_Cheat said:
Scratcher90 said:

Scratch
Did he hit his foot? He's limping a bit! Like the kids shouting 'PUT IT DOWN!'

Who knows what happened to that AVRE?

T C
From my vague memory, There were 2 Cent AVRE's that demonstrated the largest steel cutting charge in Gulf War 1.
I think one went up during replen and fuel (Cent ran on Benz) ignited on the Tank it caught fire and as it was fully bombed and covered in M&E, it high ordered the lot.
The other was from refueling a cooker on the back decks and it suffered the same magnifiCENT death.
No serious inguries as I recall but the 32 Armd lads from the time have some amazing photo's of it, the best I saw was the pic where the AVRE had just blown up and in the centre of the fire ball is the crew running at the camera and on each side were AVLB's.
It looked staged but it wasn't.

AVRE 105 has the pics or copies I think.

F

Scratcher90 said:

Scratch
Unlucky! :D

EX_STAB said:
ouyin said:
MacSapper said:
I found this while recceing the net any body got anymore :?

Spam Swat Team
Look at the "biggest fcuk up you've seen" thread, it's got some pretty impressive stories and photos.

EDIT; found this photo, apparently it's an AVRE going "bang".

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/watnic03/that_egg_banjo_ready_yet______.jpg

(Link to invisible picture)

What happened?
ah remember it well.......... i was a short distance away sat on a Bridgelayer

Cpls' Mess 32 has the run of pictures. At End Game it came time to book all the Special Armour back in ..... 'we are missing two vehicles' worth' came the call..........no we're not says I..... I can give you a 4 figure grid for the lot!!!!!!

CO 32 was not happy when I put a copy of the picture up with a Caption Competion in AJ (leather vest an all!)