Your move US

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MaddAussie, Jun 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

I did lol a bit :D
  2. Hm. Given that they've got this giant Army and that by 2011, in Defence terms we're going to have essentially the First Clapham Cubs in a rowing boat with a balsawood glider (all magnificently supported by 120,000 MoD civil servants, of course), I think their counterstroke is obvious.

I, for one, will welcome our new occupying partners in 2011. I wonder if I can get a job as a native interpreter and whether that'll give Class VI privileges?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Strictly speaking, they did it to themselves.

American operators, American rig, in American waters, with American operating rules and procedures, overseen by an American safety agency . . . . . . . . that's what you get Obama my old son, for banning foreign operators from drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico.
  4. There was an interesting letter in yesterdays Daily Mail (yeah I know) entitled Obama and the myths about British "brutality" which was written by someone who says he was a magistrate in Kenya during the 1950's. Maybe its time Mrs. Obama produced some proof of the alleged "brutality", or alternatively: Shut The F uck Up.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I saw that and thought it was very good particuarly about the point of British soldiers going to the prison daily just to beat prisoners up

Is he upset that the U.S. invaded Iraq to get their oil and the Brits have rucked up 10 miles off the coast and cracked a gusher?
  6. Got a link to it? I'd heard about that from someone in work and was intrigued. Didn't know where they'd got it from though.

P.S. Just nicked the image and stuck it up on Facebook... am now standing by for outrage from Yanks and/or polar bear huggers (or whatever the Louisiana equivalent is) :D
  7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'd like to read that, do you have a link eod? Surely there would also be a record in the Police Files too, has anyone tried to dig it out?
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I don't think you can link to the letters

Try and get hold of an old paper to read it though it really is very good
  9. Hang on I'll scan the bugger and post it....
  10. Good man :D
  11. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I'll do that, I remember covering Mau Mau at University, fascinating subject, and yes British actions were quite brutal in many cases, but the screeching by so many that they were all victims is just drivel. Not to mention that excerable book by Caroline Elkins, who seems to have no idea of how staitistics work in historical analysis, and purely has some kind of machete to grind.
  12. In the unlikely event that anyone here is in any doubt, war is a brutal business. If Mr Obama looks towards SE Asia ........ brutality - well if the cap fits.
  13. I see your Kenya and raise you Americas homegrown holocaust!
    They've some neck to moan about atrocities.
  14. I truly doubt this occurred. The would lead tendonitis in the elbow and repetitive stress injury to the rotator cuff, hard to cope with in the days before Ibuprofen. I would expectt hat they beat the prisoners no more than once or twice a week.

edited to add: based on weight of baton, club, dog whip could also lead to wrist injury