Your most frightening experience?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most frightening experience of mine was driving with the wife through Death Valley during a stay in Vegas.

We had hired a car for a couple of days and decided to visit Death Valley, I'm sure you all know it's not unusual for this place to have temperatures in the high 40's low 50's. So when we came across a hitch-hiker some 40 miles from the nearest civilisation we took the unusual step of offering him a left.

Anyway, in he gets, looking a bit “wild” eyed and nervously he sat in the back clinging on to his rucksack and refusing to put on his seat belt. “Please put your seat belt on” I asked, very nicely I thought, “no” he shouted back. Bit rude I thought, but wasn't going to push the issue.

After a while he seemed to be holding even tighter to the rucksack and we were getting a bit worried, not to mention more than just a little concerned as to what was in the rucksack.

So trying to be friendly I ask “what's in the rucksack mate?”, “none of your fucking business” he shouted back. Wife and I exchange glances and she asks “sorry, just curious didn't mean to offend you, is it something personal in there”, “none of your fucking business” he shouted again.

Now we were worried, we had picked up a stranger who looked, well strange, he wouldn't put on his seat belts and obviously had something dubious in his rucksack. I was now concerned as to what would happen if the police stopped us because he wasn't wearing a seat belt.

So trying to be brave and confident I sternly say “look mate, if we get stopped by the police I really need to know what is in the rucksack, I'm not personally bothered but I just need to know”. Bloody fool just replied with his usual mantra of “none of your fucking business”, but this time even more aggressively.

Right, now I was worried and really angry (really, really angry), so without thinking things through I pulled over, opened the door and physically threw the chap out, bit of a scuffle I can tell you, but he fell on the ground, I legged it back into the drivers seat and we made a bloody hasty exit, I was a quivering wreck by the end, and it was surely a stupid thing to do. What was worse is that when we got back to our hotel we realised the guys ruck sack was still on the back seat!

2. What was in it?

• Like Like x 1
  3. OK, you're doubtless dying for someone to ask, so I'll play duty victim ... what was in the rucksack?

• Like Like x 1
  4. So, what was in the ruck sack then?

5. none of your fucking business

• Like Like x 10
  6. Hmmm.. Cunt.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Haha, so obvious, can't believe people walked into that!

8. My most frightening experience was in Afghanistan on Herrick 6...

9. Mine was the day before yesterday. I got a PM from Rearwords.

Shit myself, I tell thee....

10. So what was in it?

11. Mine was when I skived of school when I was 15 and my mum come home early and caught me knocking one out over a lingerie catalogue.

12. Bravo_Bravos was when he thought he might have to deploy, luckily he found out he was "too old to go" and had to stay in the Uk and "enable"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Need clean knickers dearheart??

14. Meeting Sluggy, I still have nightmares and flashbacks now, 3 years later :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Watching my stomach open up as the nurse took out my staples and hearing the nurse say, oh, that's not good....... no it's fucking not.

• Like Like x 5