Testosterone levels? Might be worth getting it checked.Hallo all.
Apologies for the "crow" status - I'd rather not post under my proper account at this time.
I have been "fighting" with depression for most of the year now.
First off, it's nothing suicidal. It's this low feeling of ongoing "flatness" and tiredness (all the time) whilst trying to deal (unsuccessfully) with a number of issues:
- problems in a relationship (me). I've had nothing but support but it's not been easy and I'm now starting to feel selfish for this as I am dragging the OH down. She's in tears most days now at some point.
- Employment/financial situation is not great. Currently I don't seem to be able to do a lot to fix this. Trying to plan/think ahead results in just foggy thinking and no real clarity of thought.
- I've seen a therapist, at vast expense, not convinced it is the right one for me.
- Fizz. I am doing this and previously it did seem to counter any lows I had. At this time all it does is seem to offer a couple of hours of break from feeling flat through simply not trying to fall over from physical exertion! The "flat" returns after the gym.
- Talking. I'm my own worst enemy but I can feel myself distancing myself from friends. Trying not to, but failing. It's getting tiring burdening other people with my issues (he says, talking to strangers on a website...)
- Medication - I am terrified of medication and any long term effects/reliance. I've felt low before and beaten it, or so I thought. Maybe feeling like this now means I haven't?
I know I'm doing the right thing with the exercise, but is there a forum/chat where one can talk anonymously? The chat rooms I've found for people with depression are not right for me. Also, can anyone advise me (in general) if a short-term prescription really can help get ones head over the parapet enough to get some clear thinking.
Thank you all in advance.