Your mental health during the Coronavirus crisis

I'll submit this BBC article, as this crisis will be taking its toll on many of us already dealing with anxiety and depression. This has certainly been true for me, given all the scaremongering and pitiful lack of analysis.

The best advice here is to be careful what you read, and limit your exposure to the news, though I don't think ignoring anything outside the Mainstream Media would help.

Anyone would think it was the end of the world, not just another pandemic

What a bunch of snowflakes we have become if they think people need articles like that

What a bunch of snowflakes we have become if they think people need articles like that
I wish that was true. Reality is many of us already have anxiety and depression from dealing with the worst society has to offer, but we manage with black humour and medications and whatnot.
When there's constant scaremongering on the TV, radio, etc., panic buying in an episode of mob stupidity with no regard for the vulnerable in our society, and an awareness of the potential (likely) economic fallout, this is enough to push a lot of people over the edge.

Quite.
Some people need to refer to events such as the UK 1956/1957 Asian epidemic just for one to see the current UK perspective in a different light.
Check out the cull-figures...thousands of deaths from the early kick-off.
I just survived it ( I was 5) and my mother was in isolation for 2 months.
Her hearing was pretty much goosed, her hair went white, and frankly she was never quite the same person according to my elder sister who was 14. In fact, she sort of morphed from a really great Mum full of fun into a nasty twisted shit. Odd.
Had my father not been a GP, it's entirely possible I'd have croaked, as would Mater. Dad essentially lived it out in one of his surgeries in Partick, Glasgow.

Last edited:
Last edited:

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
Well if supermarket panic buyers feck me off again I will kill & claim again to be a loon & get broadmoor again.

1584365613061.png

pitiful lack of analysis.
My impression is of a huge overload of analysis, much of it useful and probably true, much of it only half-truth, and on media which isn't counted as Mainstream, some very, very stupid nonsense. The likes of the hysterical Piers Morgan don't help much at all. A percentage of people have, will and are dying, but it isn't the Apocalypse. That small percentage are not the world's breadwinners.

I'm being called to care for a lot of people in whatever the fallout of this happens to be.

A percentage of people have, will and are dying, but it isn't the Apocalypse. That small percentage are not the world's breadwinners.
That's something, but no man is an island. We are all connected, and the suffering and/or death of each person, directly or indirectly as a result of the pandemic, affects many

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would suspect that the country as a whole would cope far better with this Covid19 issue if social media was such down for a period of time

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
I am extremely worried about my mental health.Just watched Countdown and Rachel Riley is still pregnant, WTF? Surely even an elephant's gestation period is shorter than this?Aliens sir,Aliens.Fuchin thousans of 'em wibble

The best advice here is to be careful what you read, and limit your exposure to the news,
It is for the best I find, if you don't buy rags purporting to have news in them, or watch slanted angled programs, purporting to contain news. If and when something happens to you, you will know about it, and deal with it accordingly.

We both are in the getting to the older generation and both have underlying health issues. She reads everything and is very cynical. Whereas I merely browse the headlines and look for the funny side of things. She often tells me I am mental because of it.

We live in a pristine world where money insulates people from troubles.... The more sanguine, be they're developing world citizenry who really do live closer to death, or those who keep things in perspective can rationalise and mitigate. Those without perspective and/or an abject fear of that distant word 'death', buy bog roll, hand sanitiser and text the BBC with their fears.

The media in particular, have being appalling and undermine the public good with its doomsday carping.

I'm being called to care for a lot of people in whatever the fallout of this happens to be.

That's something, but no man is an island. We are all connected, and the suffering and/or death of each person, directly or indirectly as a result of the pandemic, affects many
Emotionally, certainly. Economically, and in terms of survival, the reverse of what you may think is possible. That's one of the differences between 'Public Health' and personal health as I understand them.

Latest Threads