Your help needed

Daz

LE
When i started out i use to use nail clippers to cut off from main spru. Get cheap finger nail files from superdrug/boots/B and M, to erase any flash,seams off parts.
The 4 sided foam block ones are handy as they are various grades

When you start cutting the parts off the frames, do it over the box lid.

Once the small parts start hitting the floor, there is a 50% chance they will disappear forever.
Tip to solve this. Take your mobile, switch on its torch/flash, and place it so the top is touching the ground, and the light plays parallel to the ground.

The missing object will cast a long shadow, while also being a constant shape which is illuminated.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Check out the list of paints included in the kit instructions. This will give you the correct shade and paint catalogue number. I read your idea about lightly sanding some paint away and feel it is courting disaster. You may well sand some important detail away! My suggestion would be to dry-brush some NATO Green onto the areas you want Green to show followed by a little soft brushing of aluminium. Do not overdo this! It will make your model appear too worn.
Another thought on finishing the model, do not be tempted to add rust to your vehicle.Keep everything simple and when you think you've finished, stop!

So model ordered and grey primer too I need to try working out the correct paint to order now ?

KIS.

I tend to paint for wargaming armies, so I liberally apply the 3ft rule (If it looks Ok at a range of 3ft its a good!). I also paint smaller scale than your tank.
Equally, I have an eye hand coordination problem so I tend to veer towards the simple and sloppy means of painting. Which means I'm not one to blend paint, just use washes and dry brushes.

I'm pretty sure the following will make most of the serious modellers on here cry, but for your tank's basic coat of paint I'd do the following:

1: Undercoat
2: first coat of paint.
3: let it dry fully.
4: Another coat of watered down paint to get in all the nooks and crannies which have primer in.
5: let it dry fully.
6: you may need another coat of un-watered down paint at this point.
7: Heavily watered down Flesh wash
8: Dry brush with the base coat.
9: Light dry brush with a highlight.

This is how I'd do it though. Each of us has our own preferences and techniques built up through years of testing. I'm sure the serious modellers on here can offer better advice.

Here's an example on a 1/56 model I did.

Sttrory

Old-Salt
KIS.

I tend to paint for wargaming armies, so I liberally apply the 3ft rule (If it looks Ok at a range of 3ft its a good!). I also paint smaller scale than your tank.
Equally, I have an eye hand coordination problem so I tend to veer towards the simple and sloppy means of painting. Which means I'm not one to blend paint, just use washes and dry brushes.

I'm pretty sure the following will make most of the serious modellers on here cry, but for your tank's basic coat of paint I'd do the following:

1: Undercoat
2: first coat of paint.
3: let it dry fully.
4: Another coat of watered down paint to get in all the nooks and crannies which have primer in.
5: let it dry fully.
6: you may need another coat of un-watered down paint at this point.
7: Heavily watered down Flesh wash
8: Dry brush with the base coat.
9: Light dry brush with a highlight.

This is how I'd do it though. Each of us has our own preferences and techniques built up through years of testing. I'm sure the serious modellers on here can offer better advice.

Here's an example on a 1/56 model I did.
Sorry to be thick what is flesh wash

Thanks again just ordered some

Right I've been banging on about it, and I've finally had a chance to do a demo on the Jagdtiger. It seems that the JT was the wrong choice, as I should have picked something with a bit more detail. Oh well.

Here's the JT in the basic colour scheme.
yZw2j5M.jpg

See how everything is all flat an horrible?

Here we are with half the model flesh washed:
aMgXpFZ.jpg

EZ0U8mO.jpg

Notice how it picks out the detail and makes everything a bit darker/browner.

So I added a lighter shade of colour as a drybrush:
RcoUh0R.jpg

ar8tQq8.jpg

Personally I think the Flesh washed version is the better looking of the two. But that's just me.
Colours used:
JXwJDUN.jpg

Now I did say water your flesh wash down, and I mean it. Neat it'll wreck the underlying colour. HEre's the two colours side by side. Right hand is neat. Notice how the left hand brush stroke is lighter and less brown?
YkI1iWU.jpg

Edit:
As I said, this is my own personally way of doing stuff, for scales which are a bit smaller than yours. So your mileage may vary.

Sttrory

Old-Salt
Right I've been banging on about it, and I've finally had a chance to do a demo on the Jagdtiger. It seems that the JT was the wrong choice, as I should have picked something with a bit more detail. Oh well.

yZw2j5M.jpg

aMgXpFZ.jpg

EZ0U8mO.jpg

RcoUh0R.jpg

ar8tQq8.jpg

Personally I think the Flesh washed version is the better looking of the two. But that's just me.
Colours used:
JXwJDUN.jpg

Now I did say water your flesh wash down, and I mean it. Neat it'll wreck the underlying colour. HEre's the two colours side by side. Right hand is neat. Notice how the left hand brush stroke is lighter and less brown?
YkI1iWU.jpg

Edit:
As I said, this is my own personally way of doing stuff, for scales which are a bit smaller than yours. So your mileage may vary.
Thank you so much that helps me loads cannot wait for it to arrive .

Sttrory

Old-Salt

yZw2j5M.jpg

aMgXpFZ.jpg

EZ0U8mO.jpg

RcoUh0R.jpg

ar8tQq8.jpg

Colours used:
JXwJDUN.jpg

YkI1iWU.jpg

Edit:

Thanks again all ordered will post the results over Xmas

Latest Threads