Your First Concert ?

10 shillings seems an awful lot for a school concert.
Particularly for Principal Edwards.

I think mine must have been one of the early free concerts in Hyde Park in about '68, at a time when the acts used the old circular bandstand. I seem to remember The Strawbs, Pete Brown & The Battered Ornaments, Roy Harper and The Move being on the bill. The Move live were a lot more R&B than their records of the time might have suggested.

Wilko is still superb and full of energy, especially considering he was diagnosed with terminal cancer some years back! Before all this Covid bollaux, we had seen him live 2 or 3 times back in 2018 and 2019.
Together with his fantastic bass player - Norman Watt-Ray and drummer - Dylan Howe (both played with The Blockheads), it is a night full of sheer power and nostalgia. Brilliant stuff and can’t wait to see them again.
I always loved the old Feelgoods and Wilko, but I do wish that no one had persuaded him that it would be a good idea for him to sing.

I always loved the old Feelgoods and Wilko, but I do wish that no one had persuaded him that it was a good idea for him to sing.
I’ve heard worse! The worst vocal performance in recent memory was Fish a few years back on his Misplaced Childhood ‘farewell tour’. He had completely lost it. Also tried to lecture the audience in the 2nd half with his Political views and was roundly booed!
Just stick to the music ffs!

A couple of years after my first concert with Focus the school decided to bring in Slik - and yes the twat Ure was in the band.

Not much of difference :grin:

Ex_crab

Old-Salt
Wilko is still superb and full of energy, especially considering he was diagnosed with terminal cancer some years back! Before all this Covid bollaux, we had seen him live 2 or 3 times back in 2018 and 2019.
Together with his fantastic bass player - Norman Watt-Ray and drummer - Dylan Howe (both played with The Blockheads), it is a night full of sheer power and nostalgia. Brilliant stuff and can’t wait to see them again.

Wot 'e said, Lincoln 2015-16, quite superb.

I’ve heard worse! The worst vocal performance in recent memory was Fish a few years back on his Misplaced Childhood ‘farewell tour’. He had completely lost it. Also tried to lecture the audience in the 2nd half with his Political views and was roundly booed!
Just stick to the music ffs!
Lots of those old stars have lost their voice and can't accept it. I saw Whitesnake a few years back and Coverdale's voice has just gone. They were still pretty good though.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thin Lizzy, Ian Hunter Band, Judie Tzuke, Q-Tips, Trimmer & Jenkins
Rock at the Bowl, Milton Keynes Saturday, 8th August 1981.
A most excellent day out.

Judie Tzuke never got the profile she deserved.

I covered her concert in Hatfield around that time for our local rag- got to have a stageside chat with her.

Lovely lady -still touring with her daughter Bailey Tzuke

Poppy

LE
Led Zep 1979 at Knebworth

Latest Threads