Your First Concert ?

I think this was my first concert. Went with a school friend...

Free Concert in Hyde Park July 1971 - Grand Funk Railroad and Humble Pie

Half a century ago FFS... :-(

I think this was my first concert. Went with a school friend...

Free Concert in Hyde Park July 1971 - Grand Funk Railroad and Humble Pie

Half a century ago FFS... :-(
Jammy sod. Two smokin' live bands there.

ELO on their Out of the Blue Tour. Dortmund Westfalenhalle 1979.
Special effects at the time (the Spaceship) was awesome.
Still love that album.
65F703BD-0C19-4CFB-B7DB-B9C6D0A6CF09.jpeg

Hawkwind at the Poole Arts Centre in 1980 (Levitation Tour).

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
14th Birthday present from my 18 year old brother. Jethro Tull at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh. My birthday was just over a week before and he pretended he hadn’t got me a pressie.

E518586D-1CDA-4C09-88B2-8173F3D35035.jpeg

UK Subs, Wellington Club, Hull, 1979.

Edit to add; the Glen Miller Orchestra (sans Glenn Miller of course) ABC cinema, Hull, sometime around 1969.

Last edited:
Suzi Quatro, Devizes Corn Exchange........1973’ish.

Rick Wakeman, Journey to the Centre of the Earth, Wembley, 1975, was my first mega, world class concert.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Pixies, manchester apollo in 1990. think I paid less than a tenner. a month or so later Depeche Mode at the NEC on the Violator tour. think that was £20. last couple of times i've seen them I haven't paid less than £60, the robbing gits.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sham 69 at The Marquee, Wardour St 1977, 15yo. Last was Nine Below Zero at Dartford in 2004, some sports club, they'd gone some from when they filled The Apollo around 1981.

Rory Gallagher 1973 in Southampton . I admit I'd never heard of him at the time, but was dragged along by friends. Been a fan of his playing ever since.

donington88.jpg

My first concert.
Missed the coach home and thumbed a lift to Bristol Temple Meads Station. Not realising two lads had been killed in a stampede during Guns & Roses set.

AC/DC, For Those About To Rock, 1981, f ucking awesome and I couldn't get my hearing back properly for a couple of days. I ended up kipping at Guildford rail station on the way back because I'd missed my last bus home, after a friendly copper who had seen me hanging about despondently chatted to me and wanted to keep an eye on me.

Iron Maiden seventh son tour Hamersmith Odeon December 1988 followed a couple of day later by both Wembley arena dates and possibly the next day after Wembley back at the Odeon, I was so knackered by that point I can't be sure.

Latest Threads