Your final interview.

ugly

LE
wellyhead said:
Believe it or not I spent my last action on guard without a uniform

RQMS was closing up so I did the dekit early but the rear party RSM put me on Guard Commander, so I rocked up wearing my buckshee kit which included trops and magnums, ROS had a fit on inspection till he realised my situation ans simply said "Don't wander about too much in that kit then"

Next morning pissed off home, came back in civis a month later to hand in the MOD90 popped around the lines to see the new BK who didn't know me from adam and demanded my unit print (worth a whole 5 pounds don't you know) and walked.

Wasn't that bothered really as I had lost the opinion of the army being a familly long ago
You can choose your friends but not your family!

wellyhead said:
Believe it or not I spent my last action on guard without a uniform

RQMS was closing up so I did the dekit early but the rear party RSM put me on Guard Commander, so I rocked up wearing my buckshee kit which included trops and magnums, ROS had a fit on inspection till he realised my situation ans simply said "Don't wander about too much in that kit then"

Next morning pissed off home, came back in civis a month later to hand in the MOD90 popped around the lines to see the new BK who didn't know me from adam and demanded my unit print (worth a whole 5 pounds don't you know) and walked.

Wasn't that bothered really as I had lost the opinion of the army being a familly long ago
Suprise you didn't turn up and do it in Civ pat, we had a doctor finish whilst on tour in Kosovo in Bondsteel slipper city, he wore civvies for the last two days and refused to carry his pistol as he was a civillian, the septics were having dickie fits about it, it did make us laugh, he got +++++respect from his fellow Brits when he sent us some bottles of spirit as a leaving present.

Red-On

Old-Salt
My final interview was with the CO (in the corridor) who shook my hand and said " see you in eighteen months..." he obviously knew something I didn't!

The RSM's final charming remark was "got a job lined up in McDonalds have we?" he said with a smirk, probably wasnt smirking the next day when he found a log in his cars ash tray (leaving bash was that night...)

all in all very disapointing for twelve years graft, the only highlight was a days worth of skyvan jumps lined up by the QM who was a top bloke day before dekit apart from that four years on do i miss it? like bl**ks i do

Steamywindow

War Hero
OC: Why have you signed off then Cpl Steamy?

Me: because the RSM pogey drilled me round the camp in front of my own trainees for wearing issue boots.

OC: what????

Me: He bollokced me for wearing civvy boots on parade, then marched me off to jail for the morning.

OC: Why were you wearing civvy boots though?

Me: I wasn't sir, it was these (raising left leg and waving CAB about)

The interview then descended into my long rehearsed rantathon about crappy time serving snco's, retread officers who don't know the trade, lack of family life and being mismanaged by people less intelligent, mature and fit than myself who I had to call 'sir'.

I felt a lot better for getting it off my chest, and a bit sorry for ranting at the OC who was a very decent man and well aware of the RSigs crap career management - he was green slime and mystified by the whole scaleyback shebang.

Red-On said:
My final interview was with the CO (in the corridor) who shook my hand and said " see you in eighteen months..." he obviously knew something I didn't!

The RSM's final charming remark was "got a job lined up in McDonalds have we?" he said with a smirk, probably wasnt smirking the next day when he found a log in his cars ash tray (leaving bash was that night...)

all in all very disapointing for twelve years graft, the only highlight was a days worth of skyvan jumps lined up by the QM who was a top bloke day before dekit apart from that four years on do i miss it? like bl**ks i do
Hmm. It used to be that unit commanders did everything in their power to retain troops (thinking back to the late 80's) in recent years it seems that many now could not give a toss, as if an inexhausatble supply of trained and experienced soldiers exist to re-supply their train set. I don't suppose many realise that the attitude displayed to you just encourages more soldiers to call it a day.

Zoid

Old-Salt
Speedy said:
Red-On said:

Hmm. It used to be that unit commanders did everything in their power to retain troops (thinking back to the late 80's) in recent years it seems that many now could not give a toss, as if an inexhausatble supply of trained and experienced soldiers exist to re-supply their train set. I don't suppose many realise that the attitude displayed to you just encourages more soldiers to call it a day.
You would think that nowadays it was more important to try and keep people on. Yes in the 80's there was the big cold war "threat" if you like, but there were a lot of people having jolly old regular lives sitting about in Germany for years on end, laying on the BBQs and getting hammered on cheap booze!

I suppose that because the government see us in a more of a peacekeeping light these days, they think they can just cut manpower, despite it being a really busy period. The rise of the "contractors" however, seems to be the way of the future. Get volunteer blokes working for a company short term when the dirty work needs doing and lay them off when it doesnt. I just wonder how that works out cheaper though, given the average contractor earns about 4 times as much as his military counterpart. Regardless, I'm guessing the governments emphasis is more on recruiting new short term soldiers than retention - they can always call them up if needed after they have left....

ugly

LE
I figure that if we have another sand pit tewt then these short term soldiers will be difficult to get back into uniform. No ties, no pension and no desire to be fucked about losing their civvi job to bail the govt out!
I wouldnt go back if called even if I hadnt been MD of the reserve! Now that is a very easy test!

Didn´t have a COs or an OCs or a final medical or anything... left early cos I said I had a job to go to and told them to **** off on the phone when they wanted something back.... a land-rover I think! Didn´t have anything to do with the bloody thing.... how can you steal a land rover when you are on rops????????

Bloody nutters and I am sure the MTWO thinks I did it! Nutters all of them!

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
My OC was in Bosnia when I left – but he did ring and said a few bits on the phone which was nice. RSM had his dining out the day before I left so big mess dinner which was a blast and a nice final memory.

Latest Threads