Your final interview.

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by Speedy, Apr 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So what did you say? Did you let rip with both barrels or just sit there and wait for the formality of the interview to finish so you could get out of there ASAP? Were you begged to stay on?
    Me? I sat in front of a bitch queen from hell as she stared at the phone as she was 'expecting a very, very important call from the adjutant.' I gave up speaking after a few minuites as it became quite clear she did not even recognise my presence in her office and the telephone was doing more for her career than I ever was going to. Nice to have 12 years service recognised in such a way.

2. Mine was great !!

My Ops O did mine as the rest of the Sqn was deployed...he happened to have been my first Det Comd (full screw) and had gone YofS and was now a Capt. So he rushed through all the sh1t(..bla bla...third tape next board...bla bla Bowman trained..bla bla army needs you) I declined his offer...(bla bla..downgraded full screw...equals oxygen thief...bla bla not a hard choice....sunny costa del sol or sh1tty aldershot)

We then spent the next hour swinging the lantern, pissing ourselves about various munters...or idiot sprogs we'd known, arranged my leaving pissup, and basically ended the interview in the pub doing the "bessers" bit.

RSF

3. Went on CO's Orders/interviews, All dischages went first. None of that dof-dite sh.it. Heres a nice framed Certificate of service, thanks for the 12 years, handshake, your welcome back anytime. Stopped at UAO hand in my MOD90, sign here, off i went.... :wink: Quite painless

4. So the Colonel said to me "Are you still thinking about leaving LB?"

"Yes Sir"

"Well I don't think we have much to say to each other, pls send in Sgt Smith who's waiting outside"

Incredible.

That having been said the Regimental Colonel wrote to me at home after I'd left, thanked me for the work I'd done and specifically talked about some incidents and periods. Top guy

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Apology from RSM for accusing me of vandalising Brigadiers car! Sorry sir you wernt such an arrsse after all! Nowt from my boss who was on leave and his replacement was miffed when he introduced himself as my new boss and I said nice I'm your next ex crow! Fecked off by CO who as my former and first OC was not a bad judge of character and chief clerk said no you cant have your class one cert from your P file, that belongs to the Army unlike you now be a good lad and sign here!
    My discharge medical was doen by an RMA3 who I used to bunk with and he was amazed as was I by the colour of my sample! bright orange!

6. CO: "Aaarh you off then?"
    Me: "Er Yes Sir."
    CO: "Shame that, loosing lots like you at the moment, could we have done more for you?"
    Me: "Pointless having that discussion now is it not sir???" (RSM almost had a orgasm of rage)
    CO: "So this it then... just walking away from a 9 year career."
    Me: "Yes sir, excited about the new job to be honest"
    CO: "Very well" - stands up shakes my hand "sorry to see you leave... you may go now"

Few bits of admin followed... waltzed to by nice new company car, told/yelled at to take my fcuking hands out of my pockets by some CSM or another... that was that. Offski!

7. CO: "Aaarh you off then?"
    CO: "Shame that, loosing lots like you at the moment, could we have done more for you?"
    Me: "Pointless having that discussion now is it not sir???" (RSM almost had a orgasm of rage)
    CO: "So this it then... just walking away from a 9 year career."
    CO: "Very well" - stands up shakes my hand "sorry to see you leave... you may go now"

Few bits of admin followed... waltzed to by nice new company car, told/yelled at to take my fcuking hands out of my pockets by some CSM or another... that was that. Offski!

8. CO: "Aaarh you off then?"
    Me: "Pointless having that discussion now is it not sir???" (RSM almost had an orgasm of rage)
    CO: "So that's it then... just walking away from a 9 year career."

Few bits of admin followed... waltzed to my nice sparkling brand new company car, told/yelled at to take my fcuking hands out of my pockets by some CSM or another... that was that. Offski!

9. You left 3 times? Amazing. And you must get shouted at a lot ;)

10. yes and oddly enough the exact same thing happened each time. are you sure u actually joined up or did you keep having knightmares.

11. Absolutely rock all, and I was glad to see the gate in my rear view mirror. Only just got my Long Gong from the Chief Clerk after chasing them for it. From being keen as mustard at my 14 year point to absolutely peed off at my 16 year point all due to the BATs at What-a-Shame Airfield. Not that I'm too bitter now, a couple of good jobs since then, seen far more of the world and learnt and done a lot more.

12. i signed off after being at my new unit for 1 week, got sent to bosnia a few weeks later (shock!!)

on my return i had wangled my last 6 months in uk on a project team at DLO andover much to my new OC's distress, went back to germany for a week to sort my stuff out, new OC and CO who had never met me before, quick chat and off. no one at any point tried to talk me out of getting out or ask what they could do to keep me in!

happy as larry now, good job, travel the world and dont miss much about the army apart from the lads and the few good pish ups we used to have!!

life can be good on the outside, its deffo not something to get too scared about :)

13. No interview, no thankyou nough said

14. Before my terminal I managed to get on a 2 month Exped in Bolivia. Sorted out all bits and pieces - all the reports I needed to do, actually did a hand over with the new troopy and left for S America. On getting back the OC had changed, the SSM had changed, no one was there, bar the Pay Sgt (who had changed). My promised OJAR was not done and I was told I needed to wait around to collect my PRI money another day. The old OC 'might' be coming in to give me an OJAR.

5 mins later having put the MOD 90 in a Banner envelope and dropped it on the Chiefs' desk I was in the car heading to Calais. I still haven't had the money owed me or my OJAR but don't really care. Still I am a medical student in the UK and there are a lot of young nubile women here togetehr with a decent civvie career once I get out the other side of uni!