Your Favourite Sandwich

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by bitterandtwisted, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As I sit here and type this - I have just made a smoked back bacon with toasted sarnie a fried egg on brown toast with HP.

Clearly the nectar of the Gods.

But I was thinking... whats the fellow arserrs favourite sandwiches - toasted or not?

Ideas would be welcome.

I am partial to bit of marmite with cheddar sarnie as for different complimentary taste!

Any FOOD for thought?

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

My favourite sandwich (note spelling... :D ) has cream cheese and honey in it. An incomparable delicious sticky mess.

3. Now changed and edited for mongness- cheers ITCS

4. At the moment its processed cheese squares and brussel sprouts with colemans mustard

5. Have you ever considered seeing a doctor?

6. how about warm Ciabatta roll with hot crispy bacon, cheese and sweet chillie sauce.............now that is breakfast bap of biblical proportion :)

7. The fried peanut butter & banana sandwich i ate at Gracelands as a one bun salute to Elvis

8. Cheese, onion & pilchard with cayenne & paprika toasties.

9. Toasted warm beef and horseradish mixed with grated mature cheddar plus lettuce and seasoning.

10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Me in between most of the scutters in this thread:

Bread

Spread is optional

11. Fresh Crispy baguette, filled with thinly sliced cured ham, sliced boiled egg, lettuce, Hellman's mayonnaise and a thin spread of Dijon mustard. A masterclass among sandwiches, I defy anyone to try this and disagree with me.

12. Fried egg, two sausages cut length wise, crusty bap, HP sauce. Add a lovely cup of strong tea - job done.

13. Just spread some Olivio on some sliced bread place cheese and ham in the middle put a little tomato ketchup on the ham and cheese in the centre of the bread .Place in a toasted sandwich bag pop in toaster three mins later a toasted sandwich and glass of mineral water

14. You can get a glass of mineral water out of a toaster, how dya manage that :?

15. Cheese and cucumber, plain but quite tasty! With a spot of salad cream.