Your favourite film quotation

His friends call him Clit.

Apparently he's a bit of a cunt.
I had a 6 week project in his company. I considered him to be a chilled out gent in every sense. Very accommodating for 'selfies' considering the building we were working in had staff bring their aunties in to meet him.
Ate with the crew, happy to stand in line. A nice bloke in all considering he was directing the fillum et al.

"You are welcome".

أهلاً وسهلاً )Ahlan we sahlan(

This simple welcome always makes me smile in language classes, as introduce the ever more youthful classmates to this film; and appear more of a Brit stereotype.

I am shocked to find gambling is going on here

Just about every scene with Ralph Fiennes playing Amon Goeth but this one sticks with me because I do it to the missus when she does something wrong.
The "I pardon you " bit not the shooty part. . . . . so far.

A more cold portrayal of real evil you are unlikely to find, no foaming at the mouth or histrionics, and that is what makes it so terrifying.
Kudos to Ben Kingsley for portraying the "kill shot" without having to actually show it. His reaction was perfectly judged.

"You are welcome".

This simple welcome always makes me smile in language classes, as introduce the ever more youthful classmates to this film; and appear more of a Brit stereotype.
The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Great films, both of them.

Last edited:
@Onetap

Well worth looking up Lawrence After Arabia. A young Ralph Fiennes portrays Lawrence at the Paris peace accord, where he goes into a slow meltdown.

The film is probably all over YouTube in full.

Everything in this scene from "The Big Lebowski" - Walter has the right idea about bowling.

"This isn't Vietnam...there are rules!"

Great line...

"A plan is just a list of things that never happen."

And from the same movie: "If I grab a woman's ass and she turns around and slaps me she's defending her rights. If a man grabs my ass and I turn around and lay him out cold, I'm a homophobe. Go figure."
I was going to quote that movie too..

Raving bitch - You're gonna wish you never fucking got up this fucking morning asshole, because my boyfriend's gonna fuck you up! And then after that while he's fucking up your fucking gay uncle over there I'm gonna fucking cut off your cock and mail it to your mother, you fucking faggot bitch! You gaylord fucking bitch! How do you like that? You like that a lot you fucking faggot? You like to ass fuck?
Fontanella fucking babyheads!
Bar Patron: Go ahead.
Raving Bitch: You like to fuck babyheads? You like to fuck boys? He's gonna fuck you in the ass, how do you like that? He's not even gay but he'll do it just to fuck...
Bar Patron: Honey honey. She's got a big mouth but she's not kidding. I'm gonna whip you silly and I'm gonna fuck you stupid. You wanna do the man dance? First dance is yours.

Cue her getting her nose smashed.

Last edited:
In skyfall in the big house in Scotland, when the baddies start coming into the house, and the gamekeeper willie I think shoots one then says “Welcome to Scotland!”

I was going to quote that movie too..

Raving bitch - You're gonna wish you never ******* got up this ******* morning asshole, because my boyfriend's gonna **** you up! And then after that while he's ******* up your ******* gay uncle over there I'm gonna ******* cut off your cock and mail it to your mother, you ******* faggot bitch! You gaylord ******* bitch! How do you like that? You like that a lot you ******* faggot? You like to ass ****?
Fontanella ******* babyheads!
Bar Patron: Go ahead.
Raving Bitch: You like to **** babyheads? You like to **** boys? He's gonna **** you in the ass, how do you like that? He's not even gay but he'll do it just to ****...
Bar Patron: Honey honey. She's got a big mouth but she's not kidding. I'm gonna whip you silly and I'm gonna **** you stupid. You wanna do the man dance? First dance is yours.

Cue her getting her nose smashed.
Dear, dear, dear and they remark that romance is dead.

"You are welcome".

'The Black Tent' a 1956 WW2 film had an influence on Lean's physical image of his Lawrence. Anthony Steel set this 'image'.

In skyfall in the big house in Scotland, when the baddies start coming into the house, and the gamekeeper willie I think shoots one then says “Welcome to Scotland!”

But I also like the bit where the Ghillie sees Bond for the first time since he was a lad and checks how good he is with a firearm. Bond lets off a barrell or two.

"Yeah....What did you say you did for a living?"

Basically the whole "Get off my land" vibe is nails.