Your favourite Christmas record?

John Cage - 4' 33"

arcticfox042

War Hero
Mud----It will be lonely this Christmas... Because: just before Xmas 88 we had nicked a gang of armed blaggers who were taken on the pavement. As we were travelling to the nick the look on there faces knowing they had been caught bang to rights and they would be going away for a long time was priceless. Especially when my partner stated singing this to them.... A few months later at the trail this singing was brought up by the defence, we denied it all and the accusation that one of us stated "by the time you come out they will be able to drive a tube train out your arse..." a few titters from the jury.......

ugly

LE
My vote is for Fairytale of New York or Only You by Yazoo.
Only you from upstairs at Eric’s, my favourite track was goodbye 70’s!

I wouldn’t have thought it a Christmas track though

martin7606

Old-Salt
Only you from upstairs at Eric’s, my favourite track was goodbye 70’s!

I wouldn’t have thought it a Christmas track though
Not sure about what "Upstairs at Eric's" is - will Google it....but yes it's a Christmas song.

Favourite christmas song..? Emmm... Let me see now... Smash the IRA, by Skrewdriver.

I heard this on the wireless this morning
Now added to my Christmas day playlist

Truxx

LE
Noddy for me

He was belting out "here it is Merry Christmas" whilst I was getting jiggy with it with (sheesh I wish I could remember her name) at the back of the Brewery Arts Centre in the early 70s.

I think she was Christine. But might not have been.

I am sure that I made an equally memorable impression on her.

Chris de Burgh normally makes me want to punch the nearest pensioner..............

I actually like CdB, he's a talented guy who's not afraid to put depth and philosophy into his songs ( e.g. Spanish Train ). Or indeed to subtly subvert the conventional story of Christmas with A Spaceman... and yet it gets played on radio without people raising an eyebrow.

TamH70

MIA
Greg Lake, Jonah Lewie, The Pogues and Kirsty McColl, Slade obviously, and The Darkness. All of those bands/singers have made Chrimbo songs I actually like listening to. Most of the rest can feck right off.

Latest Threads