Your favourite Christmas record?

My last job before starting Basic in January 87 was in Dixons. We had three Christmas tapes and they were all dire
Dire tapes? I think I've got a couple of their LPs somewhere.

bedended

War Hero
I’ve always liked Christmas Rapping by the Waitresses and our family rule is “It’s not Christmas until Dad has heard Stop the Cavalry on the radio” and I ain’t heard it yet this year.
Morning @devexwarrior,
Your Old Man has good taste.
1st heard it on a mate's 'Walkman', on a Baltic cold, wet Christmas Day 1980. Stuck in a bush on a 4 day op in 'Bandit Country'. He'd just come back off R'n'R and recorded it on cassette. Saw the video on 'TOTP' when we got back to XMG.
Love the lyrics and video but it always gets a bit dusty when I hear the line, "Wish I could be home for Christmas". My head goes straight back to that fckn bush.
Won't hear it out here but will deffo 'YouTube it on Christmas Day.
The rest of the Xmas songs and Xmas can fck right off.

Morning @devexwarrior,
1st heard it on a mate's 'Walkman', on a Baltic cold, wet Christmas Day 1980. Stuck in a bush on a 4 day op in 'Bandit Country'. He'd just come back off R'n'R and recorded it on cassette. Saw the video on 'TOTP' when we got back to XMG.
Love the lyrics and video but it always gets a bit dusty when I hear the line, "Wish I could be home for Christmas". My head goes straight back to that fckn bush.
Greg Lake not going to get a playing, then?

Last edited:
Morning @devexwarrior,
The Old Man referred to is me, my kids made up the rule. I heard Jonah on the radio talking about the song and how it got released at Christmas after the record company forgot to release it in the summer. When asked what the song meant to him he said It means I never have to work again.

The Old Man referred to is me, my kids made up the rule. I heard Jonah on the radio talking about the song and how it got released at Christmas after the record company forgot to release it in the summer. When asked what the song meant to him he said It means I never have to work again.
I bought his LP "Heart Skips Beat'.
It was shyte.
So good luck to him for making a 'Hardy Annual'.
Otherwise he'd be a one-hit wonder.

My favourite. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (including the great Clarence Clemons) Doing their very own version of " Santa Claus is coming to town

The old lady plays this one every year, not a bad choon but a bit too gushy for my taste but she always gets me up to dance to it.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
This is my favourite as the video has underlying Pagan themes.

My favourite Christmas record is 17 M&S shortcrust mince pies in 4 minutes.

Latest Threads