Your favourite board game

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Aleegee1698, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Searched the site and could nt find a related post.

I ve just thrashed the kids at Monopoly, took 4 hours mind. I m unbeatable, even as a young child I was a budding Donald Trump, I bent the rules and even used to "lend" money to those I d fucked over, obviously at a 100% interest rate.

My "Big Nan", bless her, always used to force us to play Scrabble when she visited, and she always won, but we were only young and I reckon the old Girl used to make up all the words just to get on the Treble-pointers, I found this out later whilst doing my English CSE, ended up with a grade 5 with a note from the Teacher " Most english words are actually under 25 letters long,".

Then good old Trivial Pursuit, way above my intelligence level, my Bruv always used to trash me at that, I was more your "Kerplunk" type of bloke.

One game I ll never forget, (apart from its name), was a horse-racing game that Big Nan bought me, must of been early 80s and to this day I dont know how it worked. It was ingenious, it comprised of 4 LPs, betting cards and play-money (which we later substituted for real reddies). You d bet on your Nag, and the LP was put on. Everytime one of the LP s was played, a different horse would win. I can only imagine that the LP was probably Zig-zag grooved at some point and threw the needle randomly into other grooves, or did we have double-layer LPs?

Connect-4, Snakes n Ladders, Ludo, Cluedo, and not forgetting Trump-cards, who needs an X-box with Battlefield3 when you can have these?:)
  2. Risk, Cluedo, Kojak, Monopoly and then doodled over all of them with Spirograph.
  3. I very quickly grew bored of board games, when I discovered little Boobies and
    Bottle Green / Blue Knickers, not to forget White Virgin Socks.
    I would most certainly prefer to feel a pair of nice Japs than play fcuking Ludo!