Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Bulls*it New Year’s Resolution for 2021...

Actually the money aspect was what kept me on the straight and narrow for the year I mentioned.

I calculated how much I was spending on "my quiet evening sup" (actually usually a bottle of wine or a substantial bit of a bottle of spirits) and adding it up over the week and getting a nasty surprise. So as a treat when I went a week without a drink I bought myself a silver coin or two. I would look online for interesting ones, not rare or exceptional value coins, just commemorative Canadian or Australian ones, or bog standard US Silver Eagles or Royal Mint Britannias, nothing a serious collector would look at but a nice wee pile nonetheless.

By the end of the year I had a jolly little stash of silver coins I could lift up and admire and cackle over like Scrooge McDuck, all of it still worth the money that I would have pissed away in the middle of the night if I had spent it on booze.

I am going to try that again, it's a good trick to reward yourself if you are trying to quit smoking or cutting back on booze, it reminds you of just how much money you waste on the bloody stuff.
Not a bad trick at all. Maybe go for two ounces a week?? Great way to build up a hoard.

What about a smoker and spending your money on that bottomless pit of a hobby?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I won't be spending any time on bollocks threads like this one.

Fuck.

I'm going to be more chilled out.
Go fishing more often.
Get off my arse and do a lot more walking.
Finish those jobs around the house that I've started and not finished.

I'm going to be more chilled out.
Go fishing more often.
Get off my arse and do a lot more walking.
Finish those jobs around the house that I've started and not finished.
Cool.
Now, what are you really going to do :D

To return to a normal life again. **** this lockdown shit!
What he said, with bells, whistles, and a cherry on top.

As i and Mrs Sig only have a few years left, the little tin Hitlers in the town hall, and the grossly overpaid wastes of skin and oxygen in Westminster can all do one, big time, F-em, and their expense claims, i intend being a bigger thorn in their side in 2021 than i was in 2020. Bollox to being a complacent citizen, toeing the line, doing as i am told by a bunch of no life experience juvenile arse0les. I'me going for it, whats to lose, now retired, no bills, don't owe a penny, house paid for, 3 pensions pay for a good relaxing lifestyle, a few bob in the bank, kids all gone and settled down with their family's. Our time is our own, the world and his wife can all fcuk off.

My new years resolution:- To enjoy the next 365 days how i want to , and not how the faceless cunts in power expect, and dictate to me how i should............... Rant over....and breath......:salut::D

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yeah really, I need to add smoking to my list of addictions :-D
This
1609063059663.png

Not this
1609063108349.png

49er

On ROPS
On ROPs
What he said, with bells, whistles, and a cherry on top.

As i and Mrs Sig only have a few years left, the little tin Hitlers in the town hall, and the grossly overpaid wastes of skin and oxygen in Westminster can do one, big time, F-em, and their expense claims, i intend being a bigger thorn in their side in 2021 than i was in 2020. Bollox to being a complacent citizen, toeing the line, doing as i am told by a bunch of no life experience juvenile arse0les. I.me going for it, whats to lose, now retired, no bills, don't owe a penny, house paid for, 3 pensions pay for a good relaxing lifestyle, a few bob in the bank, kids all gone and settled down with their family's. Our time is our own, the world and his wife can all fcuk off.

My new years resolution:- To enjoy the next 365 days how i want to , and not how the faceless cnuts in power expect, and dictate to me how i should............... Rant over....and breath......:salut::D
Snap

I'm going on a five year mission to molest as many MILFs as I can find that have big tits and loose morals
So by the end of January you will be in A&E with a sprained wrist and a cock that is black and blue from over use...plus my shares in Kleenex will have doubled.

No point in a New Years resolution, don't drink, don't smoke and been married nearly 30 years. Buggerall to give up.

Latest Threads