Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Your Bulls*it New Year’s Resolution for 2021...

I have decided to do my best to spend more of the money my wife makes on frivolous unnecessary crap, and try to increase stocks of vital necessities.

full-20866-75464-img_24.jpg

It is also time to lie to ourselves and come up with that time honored /honour“New Year’s Resolution...

Some people will want to get fit, or spend more time with family. Others will have some lofty goals like travel more or climb a mountain.

A few of you will try to do something even worse and be nicer to people, and I spose that is a nice sentiment.

I have decided to do my best to spend more of the money my wife makes on frivolous unnecessary crap, and try to increase stocks of vital necessities.

I might even try to be nicer to HectortheInspector and not view him as a leftist dirt bag...or not.

I feel like the fluff I posted is more than achievable, and easier to do then invest more in savings and the kids college funds.

What are you going to lie to yourselves about?

You said "College Fund". Are you actually an American?

I resolve to not losing 7 stone, eating more healthily, exercising more, drinking less alcohol, continue not smerking tabs and, more importantly, steering clear of anyone with the Rona. I could be a candidate for Dead Pool 2022.
I still have DMS boots size 9m, Boots Combat 9m and Sea Boots (non-slip) also 9m. I don’t owe anyone any money.
Going off kilter just for a mo - during the time with 1 Regt AAC, one of the young refuellers taught me to say smerking tabs and drinkin bayer in case I ever went to wayayeland.:cool:

What exactly is the point of this thread? Is it not inappropriately titled if people use it to share genuine and sensible intentions or plans, such as getting fitter, working on relationships, or learning a new skill.

No - the thread title suggests it is for resolutions that are either unfeasible or that you have not intention of keeping.

Actually the money aspect was what kept me on the straight and narrow for the year I mentioned.

I calculated how much I was spending on "my quiet evening sup" (actually usually a bottle of wine or a substantial bit of a bottle of spirits) and adding it up over the week and getting a nasty surprise. So as a treat when I went a week without a drink I bought myself a silver coin or two. I would look online for interesting ones, not rare or exceptional value coins, just commemorative Canadian or Australian ones, or bog standard US Silver Eagles or Royal Mint Britannias, nothing a serious collector would look at but a nice wee pile nonetheless.

By the end of the year I had a jolly little stash of silver coins I could lift up and admire and cackle over like Scrooge McDuck, all of it still worth the money that I would have pissed away in the middle of the night if I had spent it on booze.

I am going to try that again, it's a good trick to reward yourself if you are trying to quit smoking or cutting back on booze, it reminds you of just how much money you waste on the bloody stuff.

I have a mint condition Jemima Puddleduck 50p in my wallet if you’re interested?

£25