Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Bulls*it New Year’s Resolution for 2021...

It is also time to lie to ourselves and come up with that time honored /honour“New Year’s Resolution...

Some people will want to get fit, or spend more time with family. Others will have some lofty goals like travel more or climb a mountain.

A few of you will try to do something even worse and be nicer to people, and I spose that is a nice sentiment.

I have decided to do my best to spend more of the money my wife makes on frivolous unnecessary crap, and try to increase stocks of vital necessities.

I might even try to be nicer to HectortheInspector and not view him as a leftist dirt bag...or not.

I feel like the fluff I posted is more than achievable, and easier to do then invest more in savings and the kids college funds.

What are you going to lie to yourselves about?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm going to resolve not to make promises to myself that I can't keep.

I'm going on a five year mission to molest as many MILFs as I can find that have big tits and loose morals

I resolve to not losing 7 stone, eating more healthily, exercising more, drinking less alcohol, continue not smerking tabs and, more importantly, steering clear of anyone with the Rona. I could be a candidate for Dead Pool 2022.
I still have DMS boots size 9m, Boots Combat 9m and Sea Boots (non-slip) also 9m. I don’t owe anyone any money.

Issi

War Hero
Sadly, there’s very little left for me to give up.
I stopped smoking after a little heart issue, I vaped for a while but jacked that in after I went on a week long course and forgot to take it with me.
I stopped drinking during the first lock down in March, and have drunk on 4 nights since. (3 of those being the last 3 nights)

God, I’m boring.

Sadly, there’s very little left for me to give up.
I stopped smoking after a little heart issue, I vaped for a while but jacked that in after I went on a week long course and forgot to take it with me.
I stopped drinking during the first lock down in March, and have drunk on 4 nights since. (3 of those being the last 3 nights)

God, I’m boring.
Somebody wants to live forever... disappointing.

In 2021 I resolve to go to the pub for a pint, maybe go to the cinema and have a nice meal out.
Perhaps go somewhere nice for the weekend, meet up with friends and family. See my Mam in the nursing home, that'd be nice.

I will definitely try to be less belligerent, and endeavour to refrain from saying fcuk off to Health and Safety wankers officers, jumped up little twats in weigh bridge offices, ignorant office staff and, on occasion, the boss.

Can't see it happening though, to be honest.

In all seriousness, knock off the booze again. I went the best part of a year a while back without booze and never missed it, a huge surprise to me. Then I started sliding and what with the lockdown and working from home shite I am back to the midnight toping again.

Nothing bad, no damage to my health, or work or marriage but I just hate that it has this claim on me, there is no need for the damn stuff, it's just a stupid waste of money.

I have enjoyed Christmas, I have a few more days to run down the stock and then that's it for a few months at least (hopefully).

MrsHogg vowed to pack in swearing for the new year, then after a few seconds of clarity declared, "fuck it, no I'm fucking not!" :D

I might start cross country running again.......
Certainly not as Mrs WW suggests take a more serious outlook on life

In all seriousness, knock off the booze again. I went the best part of a year a while back without booze and never missed it, a huge surprise to me. Then I started sliding and what with the lockdown and working from home shite I am back to the midnight toping again.

Nothing bad, no damage to my health, or work or marriage but I just hate that it has this claim on me, there is no need for the damn stuff, it's just a stupid waste of money.

I have enjoyed Christmas, I have a few more days to run down the stock and then that's it for a few months at least (hopefully).
Have you ever thought of nerding out, or some other hobby that will suck all your free money up?

Have you ever thought of nerding out, or some other hobby that will suck all your free money up?
Actually the money aspect was what kept me on the straight and narrow for the year I mentioned.

I calculated how much I was spending on "my quiet evening sup" (actually usually a bottle of wine or a substantial bit of a bottle of spirits) and adding it up over the week and getting a nasty surprise. So as a treat when I went a week without a drink I bought myself a silver coin or two. I would look online for interesting ones, not rare or exceptional value coins, just commemorative Canadian or Australian ones, or bog standard US Silver Eagles or Royal Mint Britannias, nothing a serious collector would look at but a nice wee pile nonetheless.

By the end of the year I had a jolly little stash of silver coins I could lift up and admire and cackle over like Scrooge McDuck, all of it still worth the money that I would have pissed away in the middle of the night if I had spent it on booze.

I am going to try that again, it's a good trick to reward yourself if you are trying to quit smoking or cutting back on booze, it reminds you of just how much money you waste on the bloody stuff.

Latest Threads