Your accomodation standards. The Beeb wants to know.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Speedy, Dec 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe a 'worst quarter or Block' competition?

No names, no pack drill, no addresses just a photo and a caption? :D

Whatever happened to the sh*t.accom website?
  2. I know of a certain Sandhurst block in Bulford which needs demolishing.
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Was going to agree with speedy but then saw Bulford :cry:
  4. Thinking of Thiepval? Total dump - we were down to 1 toilet and 1 shower to 40 blokes at one point.
  5. Then there's a certain Sandhurst Block at 51°16'53.18"N, 0°42'38.48"W
  6. Thats a trg establishment though. They shouldn't count as it is supposed to be hard in training.
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I nominate the Garrison Officers Mess at Aldershot. Far worse than any accommodation I ever had as an OR.
  8. Dear BBC,

There is an old RAF station about 8 miles south west of Oxford, just off the A34. Please take a camera crew to the front gate and ask to see the single living accommodation. Then ask to see the Sgts' Mess annex and then to top it all, the Officers' Mess annex. You will be amazed.
  9. I spent some time living there when I did a Bos tour with 3CS in 97. Trust me, Bulford is much, much worse by a factor of hundreds.
  10. I don't think they've done much decorating since 97 mind!
  11. Bulford hadn't been decorated since 1967!
  12. Having worked at said RAF Base, and also had the pleasure of an exchange tour with our esteemed Army Colleagues, I can assure you that the standard of RAF accommodation at the previously mentioned RAF Base fare surpasses that provided at some Army units.

(No experience of Bulford, however, the soldiers accomodation at some of the Barracks in Aldershot was shocking)
  13. Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow - was shit in 1982 and still hasn't changed! Thank goodness they've moved a line Regiment in.
  14. It would be nice to spend some time in barracks whatever state they are in instead of a Training camp Ex area Tent or a Corrimec :wink: