Your accomodation standards. The Beeb wants to know.

Maybe a 'worst quarter or Block' competition?

No names, no pack drill, no addresses just a photo and a caption? :D

Whatever happened to the sh*t.accom website?

I know of a certain Sandhurst block in Bulford which needs demolishing.

elovabloke

ADC
Speedy said:
I know of a certain Sandhurst block in Bulford which needs demolishing.
Was going to agree with speedy but then saw Bulford :cry:

Then there's a certain Sandhurst Block at 51°16'53.18"N, 0°42'38.48"W

PartTimePongo said:
Then there's a certain Sandhurst Block at 51°16'53.18"N, 0°42'38.48"W
Thats a trg establishment though. They shouldn't count as it is supposed to be hard in training.

Dear BBC,

There is an old RAF station about 8 miles south west of Oxford, just off the A34. Please take a camera crew to the front gate and ask to see the single living accommodation. Then ask to see the Sgts' Mess annex and then to top it all, the Officers' Mess annex. You will be amazed.

CrapSpy said:
Dear BBC,

There is an old RAF station about 8 miles south west of Oxford, just off the A34. Please take a camera crew to the front gate and ask to see the single living accommodation. Then ask to see the Sgts' Mess annex and then to top it all, the Officers' Mess annex. You will be amazed.
I spent some time living there when I did a Bos tour with 3CS in 97. Trust me, Bulford is much, much worse by a factor of hundreds.

Speedy said:
CrapSpy said:
Dear BBC,

I spent some time living there when I did a Bos tour with 3CS in 97. Trust me, Bulford is much, much worse by a factor of hundreds.
I don't think they've done much decorating since 97 mind!

CrapSpy said:
Speedy said:
CrapSpy said:
Dear BBC,

I don't think they've done much decorating since 97 mind!
Bulford hadn't been decorated since 1967!

CrapSpy said:
Dear BBC,

Having worked at said RAF Base, and also had the pleasure of an exchange tour with our esteemed Army Colleagues, I can assure you that the standard of RAF accommodation at the previously mentioned RAF Base fare surpasses that provided at some Army units.

(No experience of Bulford, however, the soldiers accomodation at some of the Barracks in Aldershot was shocking)

Cavalry Barracks, Hounslow - was shit in 1982 and still hasn't changed! Thank goodness they've moved a line Regiment in.

It would be nice to spend some time in barracks whatever state they are in instead of a Training camp Ex area Tent or a Corrimec :wink:

In the 24 years (man and boy) I have been in the Army without a shadow of doubt out of all the sh**holes I have lived in including XMG, FKL, BBK, FWR Okehampton camp, Willsworthy Camp (before they redeveloped the place), that poxy training camp on Soltau, Airport Camp and various German and Danish barns, the worst stinking sh**hole I have ever had the pleasure of staying was definately Cavalry Bks in Hounslow!

What the hell the MOD are doing keeping that place open, let alone allowing soldiers live there beats me!

Any journos out there reading this go look for yourselves - you'll have a field day!

coax-on said:
In the 24 years (man and boy) I have been in the Army without a shadow of doubt out of all the sh**holes I have lived in including XMG, FKL, BBK, FWR Okehampton camp, Willsworthy Camp (before they redeveloped the place), that poxy training camp on Soltau, Airport Camp and various German and Danish barns, the worst stinking sh**hole I have ever had the pleasure of staying was definately Cavalry Bks in Hounslow!

What the hell the MOD are doing keeping that place open, let alone allowing soldiers live there beats me!

Any journos out there reading this go look for yourselves - you'll have a field day!
Hear hear - Stayed there for a week back in 93/94 and the place is a disgrace. I'm surprised it's not condemned. I'm equally amazed it's not actually fallen down since then.

CrapSpy said:
Dear BBC,

As an inmate of HMP A****don, I've banged on about this in a previous thread, but thanks for the second opinion.

Are You all getting this over to the Beeb - my experiences are of 20 odd years ago and so I do not feel qualified to speak

Ord_Sgt said:
Hear hear - Stayed there for a week back in 93/94 and the place is a disgrace. I'm surprised it's not condemned. I'm equally amazed it's not actually fallen down since then.

It's not only that it's also listed!!!

Buller bks in Aldershot was also totally shocking totally over run with cockroaches in every block, 8 men cramped into what were 4 men rooms(at a squeeze)