Young'uns hunting down under

BBC News - Hunting laws: Should children hunt alone?

I don't have any problems with it myself. The nippers will have to be damn good shoots with their bows, maybe crossbows will count too? I'm guessing the knife bit is more to finish off the beast rather than running about trying to stab bunnies?

The usual bollocks is being spouted by the gun-shy parties about glorifying firearms....

For the Beeb it was a remarkably well balanced story - almost a non-story in fact. Hadn't realised that the Aussies were behind us in respect of min age... I was doing so over here with .22 air and .410 at that age (not sure to what extent my parents were fully aware tho!)

Matthew Mumford lies on the dirt gazing down the barrel of a .22 rifle, a family favourite.

Watched by his father on a bright winter's day in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, the 16-year-old high school student steadies his grip, slows his breathing and gently squeezes the trigger.

The air is split by an almighty crack that reverberates off rolling hills dotted with thickets of eucalyptus trees.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Cock!

G

goatrutar

For the Beeb it was a remarkably well balanced story - almost a non-story in fact. Hadn't realised that the Aussies were behind us in respect of min age... I was doing so over here with .22 air and .410 at that age (not sure to what extent my parents were fully aware tho!)
From what I can gather, our gun laws are much harsher than the UKs.

The debate is often framed as pitting the sensitivities of the city against the realities and traditions of the country.
wow, the urbanites are a problem world-wide. time for a cull.

From what I can gather, our gun laws are much harsher than the UKs.
on what types of firearms you can own, and some of the paperwork to get it, yes.
Oz is a lot easier to go hunting and getting permission to shoot on land.

Matthew Mumford lies on the dirt gazing down the barrel of a .22 rifle, a family favourite.

Watched by his father on a bright winter's day in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, the 16-year-old high school student steadies his grip, slows his breathing and gently squeezes the trigger.

The air is split by an almighty crack that reverberates off rolling hills dotted with thickets of eucalyptus trees.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Cock!
That made me chuckle too, would not sound the same if they'd just said "the air was hardly disturbed by the tiny click".

.22LR will now be equated to a .50cal DU round.

Good for the kids lets hope the green tree hugging freaks get a big fat Zero.
Both my sprogs are dammed good shots My 19 year old daughter is dammed good she shot her first clays at 12 and her first flying rat at 13 the boy was a slow starter 14 & 15 for him.

Me and my mate used to go hunting all the time when we were both only 13/14 with our .22s (need to be 16 in NZ for gun licence).

No one got shot so I don't see a problem at all.
Shot a few animals that probably didn't need to be shot but no harm done.

ugly

LE
on what types of firearms you can own, and some of the paperwork to get it, yes.
Oz is a lot easier to go hunting and getting permission to shoot on land.
Dont forget Queensland where they effectively fucked hunting over and made it pest control only!

TBH.. If you live out in the scrub.. who the **** would find out. You,d have to be pretty unlucky to get collared by the only cop who drives by every 6mths. I bet theres 100s of bush kids out hunting at an early age. And lests not forget about the Aborigionals.. I bet thier kids are at it way before 12yo. Bet the Greens dont get thier hemp knickers in a twist about them.

LT

ugly

LE
That is pretty much how we view it here in a populated county. The plod cant respond to the dramas they have so we can either tell them we are shooting on private land in advance or ignore them and carry on anyway.

That is pretty much how we view it here in a populated county. The plod cant respond to the dramas they have so we can either tell them we are shooting on private land in advance or ignore them and carry on anyway.
I was zeroing in a new scope on an air rifle in my back yard. Totally safe & totally legal. I had the pellet catcher in my shed & was shooting into the shed. Its not really a built up area & backs onto private farmland. That did not stop a concerned passer by ( how they even saw me is a mystery) call the local plod who paid me a visit. Who decided to give me a hard time about it. Telling me they know I have land with permision to shoot on so why did,nt I go there etc etc. I explained I,m doing NOTHING illegal & they left it with that. Without first getting the last word in & telling me to think about the consequences when using a "firearm" ( LoL) in such a location.

LT

ugly

LE
Provided the shots dont leave your property at all then you havent broken the law re firearms. You may however have created a public order problem for yourself if thats the best the flatfeet can come up with!