Young'uns hunting down under

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Croque_Monsieur, Aug 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Hunting laws: Should children hunt alone?

I don't have any problems with it myself. The nippers will have to be damn good shoots with their bows, maybe crossbows will count too? I'm guessing the knife bit is more to finish off the beast rather than running about trying to stab bunnies?

The usual bollocks is being spouted by the gun-shy parties about glorifying firearms....
  2. For the Beeb it was a remarkably well balanced story - almost a non-story in fact. Hadn't realised that the Aussies were behind us in respect of min age... I was doing so over here with .22 air and .410 at that age (not sure to what extent my parents were fully aware tho!)
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Matthew Mumford lies on the dirt gazing down the barrel of a .22 rifle, a family favourite.

Watched by his father on a bright winter's day in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, the 16-year-old high school student steadies his grip, slows his breathing and gently squeezes the trigger.

The air is split by an almighty crack that reverberates off rolling hills dotted with thickets of eucalyptus trees.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Cock!
    • Like Like x 5
  4. I can see the headline now; 'Lord Of The Flies - fact or fiction?'
  5. From what I can gather, our gun laws are much harsher than the UKs.

6. Fact in my secondary comp school.
  7. wow, the urbanites are a problem world-wide. time for a cull.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. on what types of firearms you can own, and some of the paperwork to get it, yes.
    Oz is a lot easier to go hunting and getting permission to shoot on land.
  9. That made me chuckle too, would not sound the same if they'd just said "the air was hardly disturbed by the tiny click".

.22LR will now be equated to a .50cal DU round.
  10. don't know what 22 ammo you lot are stuff shakes windows miles away
  11. I'm looking foward to the next federal election,when hopefully the greens will get the arse.
  12. Good for the kids lets hope the green tree hugging freaks get a big fat Zero.
    Both my sprogs are dammed good shots My 19 year old daughter is dammed good she shot her first clays at 12 and her first flying rat at 13 the boy was a slow starter 14 & 15 for him.
  13. "G'day mate, any chance of chasing some rabbits/pigs/foxes?" "Yair, ok" was pretty much how it went when I was a young bloke.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Me and my mate used to go hunting all the time when we were both only 13/14 with our .22s (need to be 16 in NZ for gun licence).

No one got shot so I don't see a problem at all.
    Shot a few animals that probably didn't need to be shot but no harm done.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dont forget Queensland where they effectively fucked hunting over and made it pest control only!