• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

youngest corporal in British army?

internet grooming at its laziest and stupidist!

I am looking to find out how old the youngest person is to be promoted to Cpl. Am researching for a book . I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience. So to start with I would like to know about the youngest Corporal and their experiences of tours.

FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience.
Is that true? So if I sign back on, what rank will they give me after being out for 4 years?
Crikey, I left as a C/Sjt does that mean I can be CDS.

oldbaldy

LE
I'm doing research for a book.

'What is the most stupid question anyone has asked on arrse'.

Think it will sell?

CQMS said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience.
Is that true? So if I sign back on, what rank will they give me after being out for 4 years?
I always fancied the job of the CBF Cyprus. That or heading up the garrison school sixth form.

CQMS said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I suspect the queue outside that office has grown by a few hundred thousand. :)

Shall all us older folk just settle for 4 stars, a fat pension and gardening leave?

Would of thought one of the "boy soldiers" who lied about their age to join up during WW1 would be a candidate.