youngest corporal in British army?

internet grooming at its laziest and stupidist!

I am looking to find out how old the youngest person is to be promoted to Cpl. Am researching for a book . I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience. So to start with I would like to know about the youngest Corporal and their experiences of tours.

FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience.
Is that true? So if I sign back on, what rank will they give me after being out for 4 years?
Crikey, I left as a C/Sjt does that mean I can be CDS.

oldbaldy

LE
I'm doing research for a book.

'What is the most stupid question anyone has asked on arrse'.

Think it will sell?

CQMS said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I have heard so far how some older new recruits are being fast tracked to promotion due to age but have no experience.
Is that true? So if I sign back on, what rank will they give me after being out for 4 years?
I always fancied the job of the CBF Cyprus. That or heading up the garrison school sixth form.

CQMS said:
FatBoyGeorge said:
bulldog123 said:
I suspect the queue outside that office has grown by a few hundred thousand. :)

Shall all us older folk just settle for 4 stars, a fat pension and gardening leave?

Would of thought one of the "boy soldiers" who lied about their age to join up during WW1 would be a candidate.

Latest Threads