Young soldiers, junior ranks and the infantry!

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by themaadone, Oct 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have read, in the last weeks, that the infantry is getting hammered and cutbacks are rife.

On another thread, the BW are staying in Iraq longer than what they were told. When they come back, many young soldiers / junior ranks face unemployment?!

Retention in the army is on an all time low....

Recruiting could be better but there is no money to recruit and or train the new soldiers!

What the hell is happening?

An old mate of mine who is 32 years old and left the army 6 years ago has been told by manning and records that they won´t consider him for re-enlistment!!!!!!!!!

He was a CPL looking good for sgt. Para wings, daggers galore, brilliant write ups etc.... He also has a trade that they are screaming out for!

What is going on here... oh, they told him to apply for the MPGS if he really wants back in! 8O :?
  2. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

3. that is very true :lol: funny how that happened about the same time the abuse of Manning control was revealed in the press, they stopped it in 02. MCP was not uesd to unblock promotions but to keep the wonger bill within the funded line. without that tool the Army Board would have to find another way of pleasing Mr Brown :wink:
  4. incidetally what trade were the army and possibly still are screaming out for?
    I'm going in as a vehicle mechanic B