Young People Today...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Are not learning to drive. And as a result some of them (well alright 1 is mentioned in the article) can only work between the hours of 1030 and 1630. He's 20 - YTF doesn't he move out of the family home and into town?

BBC - Newsbeat - Big drop in number of young people choosing to drive (c) Auntie.

I do sympathise about the costs though. Nearly £450.00 pcm for insurance for a 17 yr old male in Cambridge is extortionate. It's a mortgage FFS.

2. A mortgage for a garden shed in Cambidge!

I'm chuffed, less Chavs driving around the town in their Fiat Uno's playing shite music too loud.

Grumble Grumble......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Or get a bike and keep fit as well.

4. Bugger beaten me to it, but on another note Insurance companies know they have you by the bollocks because it is law to have insurance so they can charge young drivers (and older ones)what they wish knowing it has to be paid.

But getting a bike is no hardship and cycling around Cambridge is no hardship, the biggest hill there is the Gog Magog hill.

5. Young people today? They'll come to a sticky end, grrrrr.

6. Just a minor change to reflect reality :-D

7. Shouldn't that be 'steal a bike'? Most of them have criminal tendencies. Cunts that they are.

8. What a lot of shite. Premiums are going up because of insurance companies and no-win-no-fee ambulance chasers. There was a 40% rise in 2010; do you think this was because the 'little cunts' had 40% more accidents?

9. Reading that post has really upset me.

Hello, is that Slater Nazi No Win No Fee?

10. These young people shouldn't be driving anyway? They should be weeping pitifully in the back of my van and begging me to let them go home and promising not to tell anyone if I do.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Don't knock it. I stole my 1st half decent bike.

12. I had a half decent bike in the bogs in The Crimea. The romance wore off though.

13. Someone stole my last half decent bike, it was you, wasn't it? You bastard!

14. In Cambridge that is definitely the case, leave a decent bike alone for half an hour and it will be gone.