Young people know nothing about anything

Ok I'll jump on the bandwagon . First record " The Young Ones " by Cliff Richards

You sure it wasn't "Living Doll" with the actual Young Ones singing on it?

The first record that I bought was "Mr Morecambe Meets Mr Wise".

I'm surprised that youtube hasn't banned it, particularly the last track.

ches

LE
THis is a slight thread divert but my first LP was No Sleep Til Hammersmith - Motorhead. Drove my dad mental with the opening bars of Ace of Spades & the crowd screaming.

THis is a slight thread divert but my first LP was No Sleep Til Hammersmith - Motorhead. Drove my dad mental with the opening bars of Ace of Spades & the crowd screaming.
Mine too - you're obviously a man of immense style, taste and charisma.

My first purchase was "Rainbow Rising" by Raindow with my xmas money, I hadn't even heard it before I just liked the album cover. RIP Dio....what an album

My first 78rpm was peter Dawson singing " Boots boots boots boots marching up and down again"(1930)
My first 33rpm double LP was an original recording of Orson wells 1938 radio broadcast " War of the worlds"
My first single 45rpm was the 1963 recording of the beatles, " She loves you"

Thinks..." I really must get out more" ;)

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
What I do find more and more prevalent is the immediate taking to social media to ask a question which could have been answered by five minutes of RTFM (Read the fu**ing manual). I do feel that the idea of doing your own research is a dying idea.
Sadly, many appear to consider "taking to social media" as research.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
...as many do on these threads..... ;)
Fair point; among other things I have used Arrse to date a silver trophy, establish the weight of Challenger 2 and determine the thread of the fitting hooles of a Parker Hale handstop rail (unsuccessfully). However, I only did those after I'd tried to find out using other means....

Fair point; among other things I have used Arrse to date a silver trophy, establish the weight of Challenger 2 and determine the thread of the fitting hooles of a Parker Hale handstop rail (unsuccessfully). However, I only did those after I'd tried to find out using other means....
Agree, there is a wealth of knowledge to be harvested on all things military, however, on matters religious, political, judicial and monetary, i take all comments with a large pinch of salt, and skepticism.

It just means Arrse members can use Google better than you.

Agree, there is a wealth of knowledge to be harvested on all things military, however, on matters religious, political, judicial and monetary, i take all comments with a large pinch of salt, and skepticism.
"Comments" can be either FACTUAL or OPINION . . . or, in some exceptional circumstances misleading, deliberate or otherwise :( .

'suppose the most important skill participants, readers, must possess, is the ability to differentiate one from t'other.

And, although we might once-upon-a-time, have accepted everything, anything, on the printed page as truthful . . . I am NOT so certain that we can still be quite so sanguine, about what today's MSM. and book publishers, lay before us :( .

An internet mate of mine summed it up. He had his nephew staying with him and they disagreed about something.

He was looking forward to a long discussion over the topic but he has one of those Alexa things, his nephew just asked for the awnser and that was it, end of discussion.

What could have been a long and interesting debate was cut stone dead in seconds.

Latest Threads