young ones.. misguided or just tw*ts

Are the young soldiers of today misguided or just all like nightrained? Answers on a 1970s issue of Soldier (when soldiers had real taches)

scarletto said:
Are the young soldiers of today misguided or just all like nightrained? Answers on a 1970s issue of Soldier (when soldiers had real taches)
No he is just a cnut :wink:

Seeing some of the sh1te they have to put with in places we only dreamt of I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt. But god help them when the current batch finish training if their stunning post on here are anything to go by.

Ahhh the youth of today :D

The youth of today love luxury; they have bad manners and contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Youth are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up food at the table, and tyrannize their teachers.
BTW, Socrates said that...

the_matelot said:

The youth of today love luxury; they have bad manners and contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Youth are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up food at the table, and tyrannize their teachers.
It is all Greek to me then!

Z

Zarathustra

Being in between the two forums, too old for the young un and to young for the oldies, i think they are little bit of option a b and c.

But you also get the decent ones

the_matelot said:

Well, that's very insightful for a footballer, innit?

MsG

scarletto said:
We were all young dumb and full of cum once,leave them alone their doing ok :lol:

the_matelot said:

And what happend to the society that Socrates was a member of?

Disintegrated, invaded and fcuked over by all and sundry.

Want that to happen to us?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Steven said:
the_matelot said:

And what happend to the society that Socrates was a member of?

Disintegrated, invaded and fcuked over by all and sundry.

Want that to happen to us
?[/
quote]

And you think that hasn't happened already?

Personally, i think they should bring back National service for these young pups.....Oh wait that's wrong isn't it??? I'll get me coat! :wink:

TalaveraTom said:
Personally, i think they should bring back National service for these young pups.....Oh wait that's wrong isn't it??? I'll get me coat! :wink:

I also agree with National Service 18-20 yr olds unless in University helps keep them of the street and teaches discipline.

jannercobbler said:
TalaveraTom said:

I also agree with National Service 18-20 yr olds unless in University helps keep them of the street and teaches discipline.

But what are the chances of that? Discipline in schools? Not any more. You can't even discipline kids at home without some tree hugger going ballistic. Remember, we had National Service and they got rid of it. What are the other options?

the_matelot said:

Socrates was a right red arrse though.

They didn´t have any of these problems, just down the way....

When male Spartans began military training, aged seven, they would enter the Agoge system. The Agoge was designed to encourage discipline and physical toughness and to emphasise the importance of the Spartan state. Boys lived in communal messes and were deliberately underfed, to encourage them to master the skill of stealing food. Besides physical and weapons training, boys studied reading, writing, music and dancing.

Special punishments were imposed if boys failed to answer questions sufficiently 'laconically' (i.e. briefly and wittily).

At the age of twelve, the Agoge obliged Spartan boys to take an older male mentor, usually an unmarried young man. The older man was expected to function as a kind of substitute father and role model to his junior partner; however, it is also reasonably certain that they had sexual relations (the exact nature of Spartan pederasty is not entirely clear).

At the age of eighteen, Spartan boys became reserve members of the Spartan army. On leaving the Agoge they would be sorted into groups, whereupon some were sent into the countryside with only a knife and forced to survive on their skills and cunning. This was called the Krypteia, and the immediate object of it was to seek out and kill any helots as part of the larger program of terrorising and intimidating the helot population.

Less information is available about the education of Spartan girls, but they seem to have gone through a fairly extensive formal educational cycle, broadly similar to that of the boys but with less emphasis on military training. In this respect, classical Sparta was unique in ancient Greece. In no other city-state did women receive any kind of formal education.
"That´s 'gainst me uman rites in it bruv, i is 'ready a soulja, go me a blade an ever ting. init."
Sofales 60BC