Young gun or old fart?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Dec 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After retread2's revelation on another thread (posted to Dhofar in 1975!) i thought we should all chip in with our age... so we know who we HAVE TO SHOUT TO.

ladies, feel free to knock off 5 years. why be different on the net.

I'm 33 (but feeling 43, after a speeding idiot smashed into me, resulting in agonising back pain :))

2. 31 - I'm well adjusted so don't feel the need to amend my DOB!

3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

41 but I don't look a day over 70.

4. Eighty as I crawl out of the scratcher at first light. An honest 50 by the time coffee has been ingested. A dashing, witty, infinitely desirable and all round good fellah of about 35 by the time I catch my reflection in the bar mirror as the third glass goes down the tubes...........

5. I looked in my thirties from my early twenties. Tough paper round that West Beirut...I now look my age but still act my shoe size. 44 not out.

6. when I was young they said life begins at 40-I am now 40 (and v bald) and they are saying life begins at 50-perhaps that is why I keep getting told to get a life!!

7. 42 feel like 60

8. 49 going on 17 or 85, it depends.

Pre-Sputnik, anyway.

9. wow, i feel young and dynamic in such distinguished company!

10. Bah!!!!!!!

(GOM in 'Cadfael' stylee)...............'51 winters will I have seen this Candlemass'.

Sanatogen and Guiness anyone................?

11. Half a ton next year (no, not my weight). Very definitely an old fart. IQ to match.

12. I'm with GOM - '54 was a good year!

13. Ah! good man, yerself........free milk!?............proper ink wells and chalk AND feckin' BLACK boards.........jumpers for goal posts?!!............

..........but do you find that Saga have added you to their hit-list??!

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

:lol: Tchah......still a coupla years till the Saga police collar me.....born 6 years before JFK decided Dallas was a good place to spend a quiet afternoon.....AND old enough to remember free school milk......Thanks Thatch !

Le Chevre, GOG

(Grumpy old goat ) 8)

15. I'm not telling you, you prepubescent bstrd! You'd only use the information to your advantage. Didn't they tell you during trade training that to do so is ungentlemanly? Don't know what the Corps's coming to nowadays, I really don't.

Earliish 50's. (Look 30, mind, in a good light and a warped mirror).