You want bacon with that?!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spot_the_Dog, Jan 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. YouTube - KFC Muslim Employee Screams Insults At Customer Asking For Bacon

A worker at a KFC restaurant in Sydney has been suspended after he was filmed screaming vicious insults and threatening to attack a customer.

The violent outburst happened at a Halal-friendly KFC in Punchbowl on December 26, allegedly after a customer became angry after being refused bacon on their burger.

The Punchbowl restaurant does not serve bacon or pork in accordance with Islamic law, and one employee can be heard saying "we don't have bacon" before the other begins yelling.

"Don't record me bitch!" he screams as he approaches the counter. "Don't f---ing record me!"

The employee continues to yell and smacks the cash register display on its side, before other workers grab him and lead him outside.

"I'm gonna f---in break your head bro," he says to the person filming as he is led around the corner out of sight.

A spokesman for KFC Australia told ninemsn the employee had been suspended over the incident and offered counselling.

"KFC Australia strongly condemns the behaviour of the team member who appears in the clip and sincerely apologises for this very inappropriate reaction," the spokesman said.

But the spokesman also said the employee may have been harassed by the customer before his meltdown.

"As part of our continuing investigation, KFC has been offered statements from other customers who were in the store at the time," the spokesman said.

"These statements indicate a customer had directed offensive language and became abusive towards the team member when the customer's preferred selection was not available at that store."

The video was posted online by YouTube user "farkie", who wrote that the outburst stemmed from an argument over bacon.

"We asked for bacon on the burger, when we complained about there being no bacon," they wrote.

KFC said their investigation into the incident was ongoing. Source: NineMSN

2. I'd like to see what happened before the clip started.

3. I think there was a dispute over the royalty fees on the song he just sung, hence the statement "Don't record me bitch!"

4. And the prize for the most ill-informed youtube comment of the decade goes to 'time4sleeping' for this little gem:

Oh thats right, we came here & took over the Aboriginal culture just over 200yrs ago. We live a long time in Australia - fool. The British came and took over the land, not the Australians if you read your history books. Most Australians support and respect Aboriginal culture, there is a minority that don't but whether they are full blooded Australians we don't know.

That's almost as laughable as the vid...

5. I think she went in dressed as a pig and had a frying pan full of bacon in her trotter.

6. When I was a student I wardened for a construction firm's private halls...part of my duties was to collect rent. One day after a heavy session the night before I decided to have the most mega bacon butty ever made along with egg and ketchup between two lumps of soda bread - pure beaut. You could bet your bottom dollar that any time I made food I would get a knock at the door from someone wanting to pay their rent.

That day it just happened to be from the complex's only muslim resident. "Oh f*cking hell!" I thought as I opened the door mid-munch, "how the fuck do I get out of this one?"

I didn't know whether to apologise or piss myself laughing at my lunch timing, in the end I did both but the muslim lassie seemed to take it in good humour and patiently waited while I went and put the sandwich in the kitchen and washed my hands.

Being a muslim must suck though, bacon is the food of the gods! That must be why they don't drink either... because if they did they defs would not be able to resist bacon hangoverbusters!

7. I've seen a couple of Muslims tuck into a bacon sarney in Egypt, then go off and pray to Mecca. They were on the dive boats (called liveaboards) which go offshore for a week at a time. Anyway, it's all religious over-zealousness as a pig is not unholy, just unclean and Muslims have chosen to become sensitive over it. A really good book called "Why I Am Not A Muslim" actually goes on to say that this (completely unavailable animal in the mid-east at the time the Koran was written) started off as being holy, then became forbidden then unclean. Now it has become unholy.

8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Having scrolled through all the comments, its actually hard to tell which one is the most ill informed and igorant: Wow, just snide, viturperative ignorance the whole way.

9. Whilst out earlier, I saw an advert for KFC breakfast items, including bacon and cumberland sausages, can't wait for the fallout from that little gem of an idea!

10. Can't see why they're not serving bacon when they're selling Popcorn Chicken and Nuggets which according to the sign on the fridge "are NOT HALAL".

11. rampant

I noticed that too, however erroneous fallacy on your part, Halal refers to food that has been slaughtered in the correct manner according to Islamic stricture, pork on the other hand is haram "forbidden", two different things altogether.

On a side note, I started out in hospitality at the age of 13, in the local village restaurant/pub in the 20 years since I have seen staff lose it at customers for all sorts of reasons, sometimes just a bad day, other because they have been severely provoked by the customers: waitresses throwing plates/drinks over customers because they are being sexually harassed or innappropriately touched, I myself threw a punter out deliberately smacking his head off a parked car for harassing my girlfriend of the time, I've chucked punters out on the street for trying to steal booze injuring them in the process, I've seen chefs storm out of kitchens and threaten customers with knives or throw food over them screaming all the while because the punter rightfully/spuriously complained about the food.

Anyone who has worked in hospitality can tell you the similar stories.

There is a hell of a lot more to this video than first meets the eye.

12. ''Hospitality" eh? Maybe you need to rethink your career choice?

You CANNOT have a bad day in customer service, it's a bit like having an off day on a battlefield, it's just not acceptable. You should never shout and intimidate customers, ever. If he was being a plank he should have been asked to leave, and that's it. But his last comment was something like ''Let's go."

13. KFC's definition:

KFC Restaurants United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland - Our Halal Trial

Therefore, as the Popcorn Chicken and Nuggets aren't allowed, why stock them? Discrimination against infidels, I say.

14. rampant

Beacause there is a small degree of leniency, if there is no other food available Muslims are can consume non-halal foods:

Moreover the Quran allows leniency for foods slaughtered by Christians and Jews:

So if a halal chicken is unavailable, it's ok to eat a chicken killed according to kosher laws, or killed by a Christian.

Pork is explicitly forbidden - absolute No, No if you want to be really strict about it.

As for discrimination against infidels - are Vegetarian/vegan restaurants discriminatory against meat eaters, are Surf & Turf Diners discriminatory towards vegan/veges? Are all those places that serve food with nuts in them discriminating against those with allergies, are producers of nut free foods discriminating against those who don't and so on and so forth. reductio ad absurdem.

If you look at point 4 on the link you provide it states
    So the store is advertised as such, just as a vege/vegan restaurant would be clearly demarkated as vege/vegan, or items on a menu are clearly marked as containing nuts so that a customer can make the decision or not whether to partake of the venue or product in accordance with their needs.

A KFC marked with the said logo would obviously not be serving bacon. There is no discrimination, certainly considering there are over 700 KFC outlets in the UK of which only 91 are Halal.

15. If you're heading that way...

There's one KFC in Luton. It's Halal. 4 miles to the next one, 7 miles to the next nearest after that.

I'm all for inclusivity. Increase the choice. But this isn't. This is pandering to Muslims and telling the infidels to get fucked, we don't care about your trade.

I don't care to be stereotyped. I don't buy organic. I don't buy Halal. I don't buy vegetarian (I used to enjoy BK's Spicy Beanburger, but since they re-named it the Vegetarian Beanburger, it's been off my list). Even when I owned a 2CV, I'd make a public showing of eating bacon sarnies in it.

What's more annoying is that I can't take KFC off my places to eat out of principle. I don't eat chicken. It's fowl. I haven't eaten a KFC since 1983. The KFC that was near Kew Bridge. A week before it was closed down as a result of a vet examining the bones of the meal he'd eaten and found they were rat. He'd asked for 3 thighs and all were rat, so it wasn't a case that one had accidentally fallen in. And no, this wasn't an urban myth.

Rats aren't Haraam, are they?