You tube clip into presentation embed vid file

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by smallbrownprivates, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've found lots of excellent clips on You Tube i want to put into a presentation, but my high faluting technical know how has been stymied by a lack of right click function on the video thingy........ :oops:

Is it possible to copy clips off you tube so you can watch with out t'internet
    Is there some copyright hiccup I'm not aware of? if its crdited you tube/public domain not sur how?
    How do I do it?

many thanks
  2. best way i know is:
    1) copy the video url from youtube (will look something like
    2) go to converttube
    3) paste in the youtube url
    4) make sure a video format is selected (the default windows one should do)
    5) click convert-it'll take a while but usually works ok .. only problem is that you have to wait 15 mins between each video (unless you register)
    6) download when asked and save into where ever you need it

hope that helps

3. Smash,
    Thanks, works excellently with quicktime having some mpg hiccups, but working through them.
  4. There will be copyright issues but unless you are showing it to the general public, it surely needn't concern you...?

If the file isn't too big I can help you (I just tried to subtitle a youtube was alot more work than I imagined. Took me an entire day...wanted to stop wasting time then fell for the sunk cost fallacy)
  5. There's a few more sites you can go to as well, just type "convert flv to avi" or something similar and you're in business.
  6. for example

latest version of Real Player lets you download .flvs - easiest to use Flash movie downloader I've found so far - although Real Player tends to behave like spyware
  7. Just use firefox with the addon called DownloadHelper.
  8. I use the fast video download add on with firefox then change to an mpeg file using an flv converter