gonna get bar-coded

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Kromeriz, Dec 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF are you wibbling on about? WTF has the HM Daily Telegraph article got to do with with ID cards or foreigners?

Thick cunt!

westpoint likes this too
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NAAFI BAR... wake up!
  3. This is not new. Barcoding tags have been in use in Mayday and St Georges Tooting for a long time. They haven't amputated the wrong leg for ages now.
  4. [h=2]The NAAFI Bar[/h]
    Look some of the stuff in here is really quite nasty. If you are easily offended - DO NOT ENTER.

I was hoping the thread would ... take off...

I realise it is bar coding, but a chip in arm would be so much quicker and has so many possibilities
  5. You need barcoding. Just think of the joy you could have every time you went shopping. Quick scan at the express till and up pops Tampon.. (cos youre a bleeding cunt )
    • Like Like x 3
  6. I like the idea of chipping people.

Bit like dogs for pet passports.
  7. I read somewhere that whilst bar-code tats are popular with people who like scribbling on their bodies, actually using them as a bar-code is difficult because the skin's elasticity screws up the coding.
  8. Barcoding's been obsolete for years, some smart salesman has sold it to them knowing he'll sell an upgrade on a couple of years time. 13.56Mhz RFID is current and future proof and cheaper.

Tit's, arse shit, etc.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Let me get this straight. We are going to be wearing bard coded wrist bands to eliminate mix ups. Excellent idea.

I bet the nut case nurses like Beverley Allitt can hardly wait.

"Oooh, let me see now, hmm, I know..I'll just swop the wrist band of the Vasectomy op guy with the wrist band of the Testicular Cancer op guy."

Tee hee, surprise surprise!!
  10. She wouldn't be very busy then considering she was a serial child murderer.
  11. Already started

12. What don't you understand about the word 'like' as in used as a reference to a nut case? :)
  13. Remember the news footage from the Falklands showing near naked casualties from an Exocet strike who had their clothes burned or blown off?

Back in the day, I was part of a project to tattoo every matelots service number onto his cock so it could be scanned in the sick bay even if he was naked and/or unconscious. They had to abandon the scheme due to blokes like me as A3 sized scanners were too unwieldy to use in a combat situation.

Regarding the chipping of humans, it's already being done:-

VeriChip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  14. Fairly sure the boxheads already had a similar idea a little while back...