You must be joking..

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by parttime_fulltime, Jun 18, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. well, having been mobbed for Telic 1 I have now been redeployed for Telic 2 which will take me beyond the 6 months originally discussed (although my papers actually said up to 1 year not 6 months). The brass is now saying that if I agree to do past 6 months I have to sign a form saying it is 'voluntary' and the rumour is that we will lose our RSA and RHA - I have asked this at a very high level and they think this IS the case.

How can this be morally right - it's not like this is a jolly - they are crying out for people? My mobilisation has been an admin cluster from day 1 on just about every level you can imagine. Even now I redeploy in 2 days and still have had no movement,kit, or posting details.

...and they wonder why people will be leaving in droves after this.   :(

2. I would contact your MP and get him to ask the Minister.  It would help get these sh1tty little tricks into the open and is quite legal.  Everyone can contact their MP without penalty - security issues aside no doubt.

If you go to:

http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alcm.cfm

you should be able to locate your MP and any email address.  I found it worked well for me on a number of issues, including TA pensions.

3. That is truly arrse. Don't just tell your MP, write to the fcuking telegraph. It could well be the end of your career but......

Seriously though they really are just taking the piss now.

4. Writing to the papers directly can come pretty close to the standard injunction concerning contacting the press.  However, there is no reason why the MoD's answer cannot be sent to the press.

5. Don't write to the Telegraph, it might not be the end of your career in the Army, but it might terminate your promotion prospects in a hurry, believe me, I know  :mad:

G3 makes a good suggestion re. MP's , and as they are supposed to represent their constituents interests , may well represent the best course of action.

6. Write to your MP - and ask him to ask Hoon about this.  Set it out all v clearly............politicians and the lickspittle appointer types who work for them are good at producing clouds of bullsh*t.  Make a case that is just so obvious they can't ignore it.

Then when they produce some moral cowardice on paper - then go to the Sun - not the Telegraph.

7. Write to your MP - and ask him to ask Hoon about this.  Set it out all v clearly............politicians and the lickspittle appointer types who work for them are good at producing clouds of bullsh*t.  Make a case that is just so obvious they can't ignore it.

Then when they produce some moral cowardice on paper - then go to the Sun - not the Telegraph........or post the reply on here !

8. And be very specific in your letter about who exactly told you what, where and when.