You Lucky Barsteward......

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ukdaytona, Oct 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taking hot bedding to new extremes.

Perhaps it was all a misunderstanding. He came off stag and asked "Whose bunk can I use?"

Well, you can fill in the rest yourself...

2. A very well spun piece. How many times did you see 'Selly Oak' and nice/helpful/etc within the story. Someone been perusing ARRSE have they? Are they still here??????

3. Could have been the worst B J of his life.

4. You beat me to it Mousaca. Was this article written by Swiss Tony?
    Still I hope the lucky barsteward bought a lottery ticket.

5. Now if you want real spin take a look at the "defence news" bit about Illustrious off the coast of Croatia and hwo jolly well we are getting on at flying Spanish and Italian Harriers from the deck. Complete failure to mention that we have binned our naval harriers as a cost-saving measure and will have no fixed wing carrier-based aircraft until we get around to buying some off the yanks.

http://defenceintranet.diiweb.r.mil.uk/DefenceIntranet/News/DefenceNews/Navy/itsWhatWeDoIllustriousInDemonstrationOfNatoMaritimeAirPower.htm

6. Just for a minute there it sounded like one of those 'Hollywood' Mines! after reading said article, he drove over it when he woke up, good job the injuries were minor... Lucky Fella...

7. Why not buy em off the Germans and get the MWST off?

8. We sometimes have Harriers to put aboard the carriers. Bit short of carrier capable aircraft these days.

This was/is discussed at length on PPRuNe, particularly the Sea Jet thread and the Future Carrier thread.

Farce, isn't it?