You know your getting old when.....

You watch "The Match" on sky 1 and can remember the "Legends" playing top flight football (yes, even Viv Anderson)

as a side not, who is that tosser Harvy who thought he could gob off to everyone... what a knobber

When the people you work with look at you strange, when you mention the film "Quadraphenia" that you watched on the box last night and remember it like yesterday

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...when you're sitting HMS EXCELLENT enduring yet another lecture about damage control - and the POMEM giving the talk says
'....As they found out in the Falklands War in 1982'

and the uniformed bird in front of you mutters

" I wasn't BORN then...."

...when it takes you the whole night to do what you used to do all night.

Straight to hell for your last remark Sniffer!!... Come to think of it I'm not sure I can remember when we last won a game.. Mind you that could be Gulf Syndrome rather than age... but then again...

Back to the thread.. You know you're getting old when you're at a "Grab a Granny night and all the birds are younger than you!"

When your 15 year old son beats you fair and square over 2 miles (it happened to me last weekend) although I absolutely rinsed him over the same distance this weekend.

when you get a leave pass from the long-haired general, only to come home early from a night out with the singlies because you were bored! ---Scratch that. I'm not old -I'm just a sad git!

You finally get your head together & your body starts falling apart! 8O

chimp503 said:
When the people you work with look at you strange, when you mention the film "Quadraphenia" that you watched on the box last night and remember it like yesterday
Quality film..With a very young looking Ray Winstone, and Phil Daniels, now of the Eastender variety.....Ahh they don't make films like that anymore....
Leslie Ash.....Mmmmmm.

Legs said:
When your new clerk was born the year after you joined up....
Bloody hell, i joined in 86, and half the guys i know now, were itching the dads pants.....when i was in South Armagh..... :wink:

Im a grumpy old man....and love that programme too!!!.. :wink:

dance_with_the_devil said:
Legs said:
Bloody hell, i joined in 86, and half the guys i know now, were itching the dads pants.....when i was in South Armagh..... :wink:

How about when a soldier looks like an old mate from way back and when you approach doesn't recognise you but after some discussion it turns out it was his dad you served with, happened to me recently and frankly I having trouble coming to terms with the years that I appear to have lost.

rebel_with_a_cause said:
dance_with_the_devil said:
Legs said:

How about when a soldier looks like an old mate from way back and when you approach doesn't recognise you but after some discussion it turns out it was his dad you served with, happened to me recently and frankly I having trouble coming to terms with the years that I appear to have lost.
Im sure there is a confidential hotline somewhere matey...Just don't try Haslar... :wink: