You know your a Tankie!

How about MOVE ANYWHERE AND KILL ANYTHING! :p
Remember your Herald Arfur, now that was a sort of civvy tank if I remember correctly! We dumped in it, vommited and pissed in it and that was only to impress the monsters charging out of the WAF camp! 8O :oops: ! Remember the one with the beaver that started just under her chin? Kin awesome! :p

banjotrooper said:
How about MOVE ANYWHERE AND KILL ANYTHING! :p
Remember your Herald Arfur, now that was a sort of civvy tank if I remember correctly! We dumped in it, vommited and pissed in it and that was only to impress the monsters charging out of the WAF camp! 8O :oops: ! Remember the one with the beaver that started just under her chin? Kin awesome! :p
BJT - The Herald was a hell of a motor!!! Fastest it ever went was on the back of an AA relay wagon!!!
Talking about beavers - we was proper Tankies that night chasin 'alf naked round the Pewsey Nurse's halls of residence in pursuit of the nurses - proper little teasers they was.
Or managing to get booted off Castlemartin camp by the RSM after staying to be sociable with the NAAFI girls the night after the Squadron departed!!! When Gupps was eventually caught leaping out his girl's room window ...........only to land on the RSM who was searching for us!!!! That Herald motored like fcuk into the sunrise across the Severn Bridge as we made it.....just.....back in time for first parade at Tidworth!!!!!!!!!!

Arthur3bums said:
California_Tanker said:
You're a tanker if you've ever had a dog named 'Sabot'

You're a tanker if you've ever had the urge to open up the sunroof and stick your head out when driving.

You're a tanker if you're driving through the countryside, and automatically analyse all the terrain for firing positions.

You're a tanker if you've ever stencilled your name onto your car.

You're a tanker if you've ever given your supply sergeant a choice between going to the field for a weekend and death, and he asks for a few minutes to think it over.

Gunner-sabot-sniper is not an appropriate use of ammunition.

NTM
Scheisse - guilty when I was in even when driving at weekends and - guilty sometimes now If I find myself in strange territory!!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH - I've got a great plan - Move Northwards and -------kill everything!!!!!!!!! :roll: 8O :?
Can we stop the Septic Tanks using the term TANKER as that is a form of transport that carries oil, milk, chemicals etc. We are/were Tankies :D

Vent_Tube_Tester said:
Can we stop the Septic Tanks using the term TANKER as that is a form of transport that carries oil, milk, chemicals etc. We are/were Tankies :D
One mans Tankie is another mans Tanker. Only you would forget the most important one - The Beer Tanker.

elovabloke said:
Vent_Tube_Tester said:
One mans Tankie is another mans Tanker. Only you would forget the most important one - The Beer Tanker.
Forgive o holy one, also there are Pie Tankers, Pasty Tankers & Cake Tankers That deliver to your door :wink:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
elovabloke said:
Vent_Tube_Tester said:
The one tanker you all seem to have forgotten, those who served with UNFICYP, was in fact the Septic Tanker.

All the UN vehicles painted white, all the UN troops saluting everybody, including vehicle commanders ... oh and the Septic Tanker, a white gloss Bedford MK that looked exactly like a UN MK from the front.

B Sqn 15/19H took over from A Sqn LG in 1976. Their very kind Squadron Artist had prepared for us a beautiful Chuff Chart. The only entry I remember clearly was seven days into the tour: "Have you saluted the shit truck yet?"

Everybody did it once.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh and ...

California_Tanker said:
Gunner-sabot-sniper is not an appropriate use of ammunition
... had my family worried when they heard the guffaw.

Oh, one I missed.

You know you're a real tanker if you've ever said the word 'Oops' immediately after "Firing now / On the way"

NTM

Quickly followed by 'what range scale are you firing on,hesh or sabot?'

That was the sneeze that flipped the gyros of the Swingfire and had it coming back the way!!!!

Thank god for the destruct button!!!

When you realise you havn't topped up the BV for an hour & the 2 cans of beans are in there :oops: Or you forgot to change Freq at midday & wonder why it's been quite for an hour :?

When half of your Sqn is wearing Shamooly black rubber O rings on their fingers as jewelry - don't know why but we all started doing it!

When you wash your hands before taking a p1ss.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StumpyHussar RAC 87
Maj_Boothroyd Weapons, Equipment & Rations 17
Flyingrockdj RAC 4