You know you are getting old when...

I have had a beard for years. Mainly because I hate shaving. A bonus has always been that Mrs R hates it. Like the Twits from the Roald Dahl book, this is how we amuse each other whilst waiting for the next anniversary to come around.
I digress. After many reminders of how she hates the beard, I surprised her by shaving it off. She was actually quite pleased, but it now transpires I have a double chin. Apparently.

Could be worse..... you could have a double incontinence

Arkanstigger

War Hero
I've got a Stanah.
I bought one of those for my Dad, the year before he died. Turned out it wasn't fast enough going up to the toilet, so he used to set it going at the bottom, totter up the steps,(chased by the f**king stairlift chair), then get a ride back down afterwards.

You know that you're getting old when a prostate check up becomes part of your annual MoT.

I've seriously considered an additional handrail, on the side that doesn't (yet) have one !! :( .
I had one fitted for the OH.
Now I'm bloody using it.

When some nig on arrse tries to be clever with a reply of "and what news from Mafeking?" and you can recall actually getting it as a young lad.
Or wish you were still young enough to have gone with your old regiment ...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

You know that you're getting old when a prostate check up becomes part of your annual MoT.
and they they add yearly cystoscope and colonoscope every three years.

You are getting old when young ladies hold doors for you ..... and you don't mind!

One good thing is, at least here in the US, having white hair and a cane, drivers actually let you cross a street.

I must be getting old because...I hurt

Just little things, nothing serious, but increasing numbers of them. At the weekend I counted 6 different aches and pains - foot, knees, back, shoulder, jaw and head. Individually just niggles but, in concert, each one feels worse than it, hopefully, really is.

So, I did what any self respecting man would do in this situation and drunk myself into a stupor and passed out took some painkillers and went to bed at 9pm :(

Last edited:
You know you're getting old when you can't kneel.

I haven't knelt in about ten years. The man cave needed a cooker hood over the welding table. It was obvious that rainman2 wasn't going to do it, as he started working on the car, ergo, if he made himself useful, we couldn't have a go.

I climbed up onto the table, only needing one step. All the tools were laid out so I could do the whole job, including fitting the outlet ducting, in one job. Twenty minutes later, it was working, unlike my knees.

Went to bed at 20:30, still struggling to walk today.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
I must be getting old, had a skin check courtesy of the work and the nice nursey noted down a couple of areas to checked by the Doc. I rolled in to see the quack and he had a good look and decided one of them had to come out. My first "procedure"......

The Doc was very careful to point out that there are different types of these skin issues, this one he reassured me won't kill me. At that point I almost had at him when he added that "it's quite good really to only have your first skin issue at your age...."

I’m feeling old reading this thread, as I can relate to many of the ailments or procedures!
Confirmation that I am on the verge of entering Gods waiting room came last week, from the very nice female owner of a Cafe I have been frequenting lately. We have been getting on famously and I thought there was a bit of a spark between us, which put a bit of a spring in my step. This was completely destroyed last week when she bought me a coffee (“on me”) and whispered gently in my ear “any chance you can be Father Christmas for the children’s party this weekend”?
Needless to say, I’ve cut down on my visits to said establishment - kill me now! :grin:

C8D6DB32-6D52-4410-BE31-9BECCECFE0FB.jpeg

I’m feeling old reading this thread, as I can relate to many of the ailments or procedures!
Confirmation that I am on the verge of entering Gods waiting room came last week, from the very nice female owner of a Cafe I have been frequenting lately. We have been getting on famously and I thought there was a bit of a spark between us, which put a bit of a spring in my step. This was completely destroyed last week when she bought me a coffee (“on me”) and whispered gently in my ear “any chance you can be Father Christmas for the children’s party this weekend”?
Needless to say, I’ve cut down on my visits to said establishment - kill me now! :grin:

View attachment 435762
You know she might have a thing about Father Christmas and was hoping for a special delivery from Santas sack over the tables after the cafe was closed.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Latest Threads