You know you are getting old when...

I think 35 is almost like a threshold for when you slowly start to realize you're not that young anymore.

My hair is falling out - so it means I will be bald by 50, if not earlier.

And not wanting to converse with under 25s....they are mostly just air heads.
I don’t think you being a baldy cünt by 50 will effect your abseiling skills, thats the important thing....

* As US terminology may differ from UK an ophthalmologist is a doctor with an MD degree and advanced training in eyes and works with medical conditions of the eye. An optometrist has a OD degree and measures vision , prescribes glasses, can check for glaucoma etc.
Drift/

Many years ago I was sent to the Opthalmology department at the Cambridge Military Hospital in Aldershot for an eye muscle balance test - this was the first stage of aircrew selection. Anyhow I found the word “ophthalmology” to be a bit of a tongue-twister so I practiced it a few times to get it right.

I walked up to the reception desk and asked the young QA “Where’s the opthalmology department?” She gave me a look that could only mean “wänker” and pointed saying “Eye department that way”

Endoscope

Old-Salt
Drift/

Many years ago I was sent to the Opthalmology department at the Cambridge Military Hospital in Aldershot for an eye muscle balance test - this was the first stage of aircrew selection. Anyhow I found the word “ophthalmology” to be a bit of a tongue-twister so I practiced it a few times to get it right.

I walked up to the reception desk and asked the young QA “Where’s the opthalmology department?” She gave me a look that could only mean “wänker” and pointed saying “Eye department that way”
That was her come on look

roninxix

War Hero
Walking my black labretard over the fields to the rear of my abode. Pissing down, bogged down with mud and thoroughly miserable. End up walking with a young couple who are also walking a labretard variant, I think they’re called a labramongrel or something.

Anyhoo, conversation turns to dogs names. I tell them my mutt is called Gibson, after the Gibson of Gibson’s dog fame. That’s an interesting name but who was said Gibson they ask, I mention Dambusters and WW2 etc etc. They had no idea about what I was talking about. I managed to hide my shock and disgust but greatly enjoyed seeing the looks on their faces when I told them the true name of Gibson’s dog and why it would be slightly frowned upon if I called my shitdog by the said name.

Young people nowadays, I’ve shit ‘em.

Niamac

GCM
A man enters middle age when he stops going down the stairs two at a time and old age when he stops going up the stairs two at a time

You remember sniggering at skinny irishmen expiring, The British Army having more members than the Salvation Army, 58 pattern webbing, SLRs and enormous pride watching The Trooping of the colour with Brenda on Burmese
edi: and calling yourself English and proud wasnt a reason for a visit from special branch

Last edited:

ugly

LE
A man enters middle age when he stops going down the stairs two at a time and old age when he stops going up the stairs two at a time
I’m doomed

I've got a bungalow.
Me too.... I saw the predicament of many of my customers, and in- laws, as they got older, they left it too late to move, and life got very difficult.

25 years ago I was determined to get a bungalow, and never regretted it, and when PVC doors needed replacing, I asked them to fit wheel- chair friendly types with no bottom cill.

Neither of us are at the stage we need them, but I reckon we could convert everything else without too much hassle.

I have had a beard for years. Mainly because I hate shaving. A bonus has always been that Mrs R hates it. Like the Twits from the Roald Dahl book, this is how we amuse each other whilst waiting for the next anniversary to come around.
I digress. After many reminders of how she hates the beard, I surprised her by shaving it off. She was actually quite pleased, but it now transpires I have a double chin. Apparently.

Latest Threads