You KNOW why there's so many young unemployed!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Norfolknchance, Mar 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is directed at any politicians who might have strayed onto this site. Why is there so much youth unemployment? Easy: there's too many old ones in work!

How's about this pals? Get those who are representing us (our government) to rethink this unworkable strategy about increasing the working life of the great employed in this country to 67 or even later. My missus keeps giving me earache about every year there's another one to work before she gets an old age pension and I agree with her.

Solution? Decrease the retirement age, not bloody increase it. Take it back down to 61 for women and 65 for men. All these positions currently occupied by the aging population can then be given to the youth of today at reduced rates of pay.

How many bankers have to work until retirement age? Not many I think.
  2. Somebody killim. Please.

If I don't work I don't get to go to places like ... well you know...
  3. Thereby increasing the burden on the taxpayer AND reducing the tax take simultaneously. Genius.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? If you have a problem with it, you should have tried a bit harder at life and become a banker.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Wah alert on.

Are you some kind of idiot ?

1. In today's over-taxed society people have no choice but to work until later in life.

2. Too many young unemployed ? They should get off their ARRSEs and get a job.

Actually, you are an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
  5. The clue's in his screen name. Being from Norfolk he's probably got a neck like a turkey, about 7 feet tall, and with a blow hole on the top of his massive heeeed!
  6. What utter rubbish.

As if any MP might wander in here............
  7. il_fullxfull.187182524.jpg

kill yourself grandad
  8. Hey, I'm 21 with no experience and barely able to spell CV. I'd like to be CEO of a FTSE 100 Company but with all these useless old people blocking up the place, it's just 'Dead Men's Shoes' innit.

I think he's onto something.....
  9. You suggestin' he's got Norfolknbrain? ^_~
    • Like Like x 3
  10. <spoiler alert>

There are no jobs.
  11. My old suggestion is still viable - offer everyone over 60 about £750,000 tax free to bugger off and make no further claims on the NHS, state pension or any other allowances (but retain occupational pensions of course). Not everyone would take it, but all those who did, and the Treasury would gain. It would also free up a lot of resources and create a huge number of job vacancies in the UK. The NHS would gain spectacularly - think how much emptier hospitals and surgeries would be with fewer old buggers like me around!

Personally, I'd high-tail it to somewhere like Oz or South Africa.
  12. One killim as requested.........

Attached Files:

13. What makes you think that Oz and South Africa actually want thousands of extra wrinklies?
  14. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

15. It would be much cheaper and easier to shoot the unemployed.