You kinobber.What would you expect after mummy house has been done this week

In all fairness, you would expect Plod to recognise one of the more "senior" members of the Royal Family on sight, especially as they would have been told he was there........

Oops - expect some heads to roll over this one! I'm no fan of "air miles Andy", but this smacks of the Police over compensating for the more serious security breach a few days earlier.
This is the Buck Palace equivalent of the barrier sentry stopping a visiting General and asking for his ID card!

All said and done he is still a bit of a knob expecting an apology from Old Bill for an honest error!!

Security was bound to be tighter given the incident earlier in the week.

Why the hell are we even hearing about this? Old Bill wouldn't have leaked it?

Was the Grand Old Duke trying to force and apology out of them? Certainly sounds like it..

In which case he is a double knobber.........

At what point is this in anybodys interest? Plod and Randy are being stupid either by over reacting to previous events in the week or making a drama out of a nothing. Why has this been reported? In whos interest is this now in the media? Stinks of a non news day and "space" having to be filled on the 24hr live news feed. Pointless, stupid and pathetic!

This is the Buck Palace equivalent of the barrier sentry stopping a visiting General and asking for his ID card!
And then dropping the sentry in the shit for failing to challenge.
Seen it happen enough times with senior RN.

At what point is this in anybodys interest? Plod and Randy are being stupid either by over reacting to previous events in the week or making a drama out of a nothing. Why has this been reported? In whos interest is this now in the media? Stinks of a non news day and "space" having to be filled on the 24hr live news feed. Pointless, stupid and pathetic!
My money is on the police leaking it. Some poor ****er being put out to hang and dry and the senior bod being seen to 'manage' it. I'm probably wrong but I have never heard of a royal questioning or compromisising their protection before.
Andy was however widely regarded as a cock during his time in the RN however. I never served under him or with him but know many who did.

How can anybody blame HRH DofY? He's clearly out of his mind.

Recent reports have it that he's considering remarrying that slut of an ex-wife of his. About as Royal as my (American) dog's turds. Andy's obviously had too many shandies in business class. Leave him be.
Yeah but with the fiery red lady garden she's got on her? Who could resist

Facial recognition isn't enough. Security passes should be shown. I'm just laughing at what a prat he's made of himself by expecting such a public apology.

The Queen was at the Highland Games anyway. So it was the equivalent of an, 'empty'. Stopping at his old mam's house when she's away just about says it all.

Facial recognition isn't enough. Security passes should be shown. I'm just laughing at what a prat he's made of himself by expecting such a public apology.

The Queen was at the Highland Games anyway. So it was the equivalent of an, 'empty'. Stopping at his old mam's house when she's away just about says it all.
He has an apartment and offices at Buck House. The equivalent of you stopping at the flat you rent, which happens to be in a block of flats your mum owns.

Playing devil's advocate, I can't see anything in that report, or any where else, that says the DoY expected an apology.

Was the word pleb used at any point during the incident or will it be miraculously remembered to have been used in weeks to come ?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Was the word pleb used at any point during the incident or will it be miraculously remembered to have been used in weeks to come ?
Depends whether the story came from the coppers or not.

I'm sure many of his mum's subjects would be envious of the response time...

Perhaps they could be invited to stay with many of the burglary victims I've dealt with and seen the quality of service the rest of us have to put up with.

Smells like met pol news management anyway, did anyone else notice the alleged burglary happened on Monday but was released to the press the day of the EDL march in Whitechapel? Good day to manage the information environment.

I don't wear a top hat anymore, but if I did it would probably be tin foil lined by now.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Playing devil's advocate, I can't see anything in that report, or any where else, that says the DoY expected an apology.
From what I can see, it started with the Sunday Express publishing an "exclusive" story that was 90% the product of their fevered imagination and had the Prince nearly cut in half with machine gun fire by steely eyed dealers of death. Buck House then released a statement saying the tabloid story was all rubbish, there were no guns drawn, and that the police had apologized for any inconvenience. This statement is now somehow getting turned into Prince Andrew demanding an apology, when all it appears to be is a statement that everyone was simply doing their job and the encounter was cordial.

It all sounds very overblown. I would guess the police saw someone in the garden, asked "who are you", got the appropriate answer, and everyone carried on with their day.

Overall, I think it's an amusing story that would never have made the newspapers if the recent burglary attempt hadn't occurred.