You in the kilt! yes you,

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happy Burns Night!

2. Thank you! I've had me haggis, tatties and neeps already, bloody lovely too.

3. Burns Night already?

Bugger, that means I`ve missed Rorkes Drift night again

Oh, and Happy Burns Night

4. Great to see a Saltire flying in my local in darkest Englandshire. Off for haggis neeps and tatties there tonight. Talisker doing a promo of a glass when you order a double too!

5. Presumably you'll be poking the one bit of coal in the grate for a bit extra warmth whilst savouring the last fumes of the bottle o' the 'creature' bought in 1957. Pull the rug over your legs old fellah, for your blue kneecaps are scaring the Westie.

Sláinte Mhath! and may ye hae meat and nae waste it.

6. It's also Up Hella Ya as well, so feel free to indulge your Inner Viking. But please remember the proper order of events; it's Rape, Pillage THEN Burn!

Slante!

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Slante.

Haggis, neeps and tats consumed at Glen BA in darkest Brumistan where we stay amongst the heathens.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

8. Also for the romantic/amorous/randy Welsh it's Dydd Gwyl Santes Dwynwen, that St Dwynwen's (the Welsh & proper Valentines day) say it with Haggis!

9. I just hope I'm not the only one on here with a hangover...

10. Not if you take some pale ginger creature on a sun-soaked package holiday - it's burn, rape then pillage!

I imagine their rubbing their hands with glee at Loanhead the day alright!

11. That made I larf!

12. To paraphrase someone or other - does changing the name of something make it taste better?

Haggis, neeps and tatties or Offal, Turnips and Potatoes would it taste the same?

or is that what the small measure of whisky is for - to take away the taste :)

13. Away with you wretch

Haggis is 1 fine dish and yup I is English

14. Of course, for that authentic Scottish taste, the Haggis must be deep fried!

15. Yes, the haggis must be wrapped in a butter-flied Mars Bar and then deep-fried...it's tradition honest.

I'll be up for a pudding supper and a DFMB from that place next to Mather's in a few weeks time. Roll on the 6N!

Oh and a Michelin starred meal at tom Kitchin's too, just to bamboozle any Englishmen's stereotypes.