You hunters, how does this happen?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by mac1, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Americans and guns... sometimes their familiarity breeds carelessness which you don't see in British shooters who have to jump through hoops to get so much as a rimfire. And let's not forget that target identification has never really been a strong suit of theirs.

To answer the question (wah shield engaged): This sort of thing is far more common in the US (and France as well I suppose) because there are large areas with unrestricted public access for hunting and so any given shooter if there are any other shooters nearby, hence the high-vis. In Britain on the other hand where almost all land is privately owned it is pretty rare for two or more people to be (legally) stalking deer on the same ground at the same time and unheard of for them not to know where each other is. It also goes against just about every rule in the book to even consider shooting if you know somebody else is out there, form says that if you agree to split up you should both unload your weapons until you meet up again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Where's Dick Cheney when you need him eh?...

• Like Like x 1
  4. HHH

HHH LE

The third man shot the both of them !

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You should see what happens when you give the ******* aeroplanes!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shit happens, a German hunter was hit and killed here recently in a strictly organised shoot. He moved forward of where he should have been standing, into another mans arc, just wanted to bring his dog into safety but got hit himself. Shooting in dense woodland and undergrowth is always dangerous, despite the orange clothing, you can't always see what's behind the game. What appears to be a good bullet stop can just be a bit of scrub with a bloke behind it.

Of course, if your hunting mates are all called "Bubba," carry Kalashnikovs and wear tartan socks the disaster is quite inevitable.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was always taught that if you cannot see where your round will fall if you miss the target, then you don't shoot.

I have deer shooting literally at the bottom of my garden (I live on a shooting estate) and the shoot is set up so that the shooters are firing towards a very large ridge. No chance of Joe Public or me getting shot! I hope!

8. It will all be made very safe when Tescos start selling venison.

9. Probably not familiar with M.H. Beaufoy's famous poem...even though it is featured on Ruger's website.

10. Charlie Darwin strikes again.

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Not everyone who owns a gun or goes hunting is particularly bright, especially true in the US....

12. Perhaps he should have worn a hi-viz clown outfit?

13. It's been happening for years, William 2 was killed in a hunting accident.