You have to read this

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Sep 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Dear David
    I have been snowed under at work recently so haven't been able to say what a nice bloke Pte Tom was. He was a credit to his regiment and the Army and only wish his charms had been inflicted on a civvy! It would change some people's perceptions. He even sent me a bottle of vintage port through the post - presumably as all officers must like port! He told me with some glee that the Sgt arrived without bringing the address of the apartment that he was staying in with him and so the two families stayed in my flat for the first night! I hope I am not labelled as someone who has "Eastern European workers" staying in his flat! You met him and took him for a drink I gather and if you agree with my distant view of him then I thought I might drop his CO a line to let him know what a good advert I thought he was for the whole scheme. Do you have that by any chance?
    The Post Office tried delivering the keys to the wrong house so my keyholder had to get a mate to meet Tom on arrival to give him his set for the week and the mate invited Tom and his family round for a barbecue which was a very nice gesture and much appreciated by Tom as was your appearance.
    Final point, I have not really marketed my place yet and friends of friends have not been exactly forthcoming! Who would you recommend I go through now that it is all up and running? In the meantime, it is there for anybody else you have.
    Regards
    David

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Fantastic

3. The world really is full of wonderful people...you Dave, MDN and people like David......I've got smiles to last a week

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Well read but comments are really appreciated then people hear whats going on :D

5. Dave, my little brother is still crowing about his holiday.

Thanks to you and everyone else behind the scenes :salut:

Keep giving people!