You have spelt that wrong!! your a mong!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Knob_Chops, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that there are some realy boring people on this site that get upset when somthing is spelt wrong, i feel like i have to spell check eveything i write instead of just posting it! why should i when you can blatantly see what im trying to say and i have got my point accross! Bore off you boring borasauras rex! Haters welcome!!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

At least 15 errors there, KC. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Do'nt wory aboot it. The troopes worth of spell chekcers on here are generaly the brasso sipping BAOR vets.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Haha are you microsoft word! i knew i was opening my self up for all sorts of grammar corrections but i genuinly want to know what goes through that sort of persons mind? "OOOOh hes spelt somthing wrong i cant wait to correct him!"
  5. It's called standards you lazy cunt! Pride in the English language! do u lyk it wen da kidz talk in txt speek?

I'm also not a BAOR brasso drinking cunt........just a cunt.
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Spelling and grammar errors can be amusing, for example whilst driving through Aldershot yesterday I noticed a car sticker

"now you are in england

speak english!!!!!"

Oh how I chuckled to myself, but I doubt you would understand the subtlties of that one.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It matters not one iota on here, it's merely sloppy. At times, though, what gets written isn't actually what is meant. In other places, say on operations, that could be very confusing, inefficient and dangerous. So they are probably thinking it's worth pointing out in a didactic manner.

On the other hand, it may just be showing off and point-scoring.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. cos when they are losing a debate, thats the only straw they can grasp.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

To start with "i" should be in capitals and not lower case.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Thank fook I ain't English, so it don't matter
  11. There should be a question mark after the word 'wrong' on the third line as you are posing a question.

I like the spelling and grammar police on here, as I am fed up of reading 'Chav Mong speak'. It literally takes twice as long to read while I work out what is being said!
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Didn't one of the Mods get all frothy about this last year?

I thought there was a sticky or a rule somewhere?

Edited to add - It's the Naafi and if you can't spell, then you should be gassed. (I do believe that statement is Padre proof)
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Perhaps we should have a mongs corner for those for whom grammar, syntax and spelling are anathema.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Commenting of one word - I will leave it to others to correct your grammar and other spelling mistakes:
    ... can't is a truncated version of cannot.
    • Like Like x 4
  15. And it is you're a mong not your a mong ;-)
    • Like Like x 5