Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BanjoBill, Jun 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today is Friday the 13th, I'll not be walking under ladders, avoiding black cats, being careful with salt and avoiding cracks in the pavement... just to mention a few.
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I'm going on a pub crawl, followed by some live Twenty20, followed by a club, followed by staying at my mate's girlfriend's house. All in fancy dress. Given the potential for something to go spectacularly wrong, you'd think we'd pick a better day.
  3. That is the spirit of the Arrse alright! Don't forget to chat up the tall muscular but strangely appealing girl in the PARA Reg tee-shirt by the bar either! Or to schedule a pre-breakfast meeting with your boss tomorrow either...

Oh and if a vaguely imperial, beardy, baldy, green bloke in a purple cloak suggests any variations from the detail - go for it! What have you got to lose?
  4. If I was a doctor working in A&E and some window cleaner came in with a broken neck, I'd simply say... tis your own fault mate... what do you expect? Didn't you see Banjo Bill's WARNING?
  5. Judging by the amount of bad luck I've had lately, I'm off to buy a euromillions ticket today - just in case today's my lucky day! What are the chances that today is the day to spend the afternoon in the mess bar before bumping into the boss down town, given that my MPA is due? ...and another thing...hic!
  6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

My bold.

Mate, I'm a civil servant. I hardly work in the week, never mind on a Saturday morning!

You don't get nPower girls at Twenty20, do you? Oh well, one can but hope. It's supposed to be a family-friendly sport. Maybe someone will bring some tasty just-about-legal daughters with them.

Apparently it's an Army lad's last day booze-up, so it's going to be humorously messy regardless 8)
  7. Missed out on a job offer, power cables down most of the week on train line, once they fixed that a train derailed yesterday so 5 hours for 50 minute journey.

If today is my unlucky day, then I'm staying in bed in case some space debris decides to target me....

Oh, and it's my Mother-In_law's birthday today too.

(Ducks and Covers)
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm going out to find some money from somewhere (always an interesting outing where I'm concerned), so that I can rent out a dinner suit (I'm off to the Centenary BASC Ball in North Wales tomorrow) so that I don't look like the only pikey at the wedding so-to-speak.

Chances of finding money - generally OK with my initiative.
    Chances of hiring a dinner suit for a 'black tie event' - not outside the realms of possibility.

Getting it sorted on Friday 13th? What do YOU think? :D
  9. Ah it should be a national holiday or at least well recognised like the summer solstice or the harvest festival. All hail Emperor Mong day it like Christmas and Santa you just fu@k know he is coming to visit today. All Hail Mong the merciless, yes master I am going to cut the hedge with the electric hedge trimmers, yea as ordered I have waited until the rain is pouring from the heaven and removed the damned power surge plug that is draining all my electricity.
  10. Speaking as a veteran (if you will) of one or two BASC events, I strongly recommend that when the bloke tries to interest you in the short term insurance policy for the monkey suit - you take it.
    It's a lot cheaper than paying for the replacement of the bloody thing.
  11. Friday 13th?
    I don't go for that crap. Nothing is going to happen to m.....aaaaaaaaaaaargh!
  12. I take it you haven't seen 'Donnie Darko', yet?
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Ah, the date must explain why I have water seeping through the floor in my downstairs loo.

Where's a Polish Plumber when you need one? Do they also have problems on Friday 13th? Will it be like 'When the Gas Man came to call'?

Oh it all makes work for the work we have to do...
  14. I intend to get into whatever crack is open for me at 02:00 am after a sesh in the Big Market in Newcastle.
  15. I was always told it is bad luck to be superstitious....