YOU HAD TO BE THERE!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by stolie, Oct 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. New to this site, it can be funny, made me think of the funniest things i had seen. Not tragic or monumental just 'kin funny.

Seeing 'oggies' build a 12 bay for a demo still putting out the kerbs, when a troopy in a spartan decides to go for it and catches an 'oggie' flips him over into the gap 'kin funny to see (oggie only had a broken arm)

Seeing pioneers in the Falklands working with a planty in a muir-hill (everyone should know planty's cannot see squat in a 'scoobie' all the mirorrs are set to see themselves) a pioneer walks behind and gets trashed (not fatal). pioneers are known as 'scoobie snacks' for the rest of the tour.

Watching Euro 90 in 31's cellar bar, England scored, lots of cheering and jumping up and down, TV falls to the floor.

You had to be there!

2. Sounds like one of them things when you absolutely crack up at someone elses expense :p

You really do have to have been there ;)

3. schadenfreude rules ok.

4. two planty's on the "DR" cse............

[​IMG]

planty manning the desk.............

[​IMG]

5. OI KNOCKER!!! who gave you permission to use my photo on the world wide web!!

hate to be pedantic Stolie, but pedant is my middle name and pedantry is my game (just for the sake of accuracy and realism you understand....!!) A Muirhill A5000 LWT was usually called a Mollie, an Allis Chalmers MWT (up-armoured for 33 in Ireland) was usually called a Scoobie, unless you were an infantry officer when you could call it a Scoobie Doobie Doo,

6. Knocker!!! Do try and cut down on trawling the net.

7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Troopie driving a Spartan? Why??

8. ok so i was mis-informed (not for the first time) was told 'scoobie' was nickname in NI by i might add an MPF

9. troopy was posing in top hatch, probably waving to his mum

10. HEY STOLIE..........

Scooby was the radio name for an Allis Chalmers bucket loader....Scooby Minor was the Muirhill A5000 bucket loader. If you are still intouch with said MPF please kick him in his testicle and tell him he is a right Numpty from me.....MPF's .....sh it better things!

........finally.....do NOT let troopy anywhere near ANYTHING that has more than one working part!

(SPR1743..........retired Plant Operator Magician......)

11. told you before about your spelling, it is spelt R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D. :D :wink: :D :wink:

12. Knocker you do love giving us plant gods shite don't you. I am sure that you are a failed planty and was only traded as a sparky because you were shite. Why else would you hate us so!!!!

13. because i can. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ....probably 'cause you have f uck all better to do while you are waiting to join the ranks of the unemployable!

(ya effin' great big piece of dog doo!)

15. Nah he will be selling the big issue knocker will be ok