"You do not have permission to view this page"

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by SauceDoctor, Apr 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As above. I had posted in the thread, and am getting notifications in my email of replies, but can't view the thread any more, just get the above message.

Weird.

2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

What thread was it?

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Can you post the link please?

4. "Alleged Racist Copper" was the thread

[​IMG]

Ta chaps.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Ah right. That threads's in A&E so it's not visible.

6. OK, cheers for that. I thought it best to let you know in case it was indicative of a wider issue with the site.

Thanks again.

7. So threads that people don't like get hidden, while other worse ones are allowed to trundle on and on and on for days?

8. A secret ARRSE?

9. Don't mention secrets, you'll get all the tin foil hat wearing geeks out again, muttering about secret forii.

10. Not that unusual. I'm a moderator/admin on a couple of forums and its normal practice to have a quarantine area to move threads for cleaning purposes.
    Chuck the thread into a private area to either clear out the gash posts or delcide the fate of the whole thread.

11. And now this:

[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h]expected searchd protocol version 1+, got version '0'

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Quite probably me. I've just moved ARRSE to another type of server. An attempt to find a way around the monstrous Amazon monthly bill we were facing. While it should be a transparent move and is near instantly reversible, the timing of your post coincides exactly with when I switched. Any more problems let me know please.